• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

Klonopin-Side effects and switching to another med

Hi The Moon is Blue, I take Clonazepam from 2-4 times daily for anxiety. Trazadone works very well for me for sleep. I was addicted to Xanax without knowing it, and missed one dose while out of town, since I forgot my meds. 36 hours to the minute I began a violent 6 hour drug withdrawal. After...
  2. C

Article: No Money Available for ME/CFS? Think Again - Testimony to CFSAC

Thank you, Cort, for your excellent article. Considering the CDC, in 1999, apologized to Congress for diverting money designated for CFS research during the "Outbreak of Mass Hysteria" at Lake Tahoe in 1984; admitting the amount of somewhere between $9-13 million dollars, as seen in the...
  3. C

Personality Features and Personality Disorders in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Populat

I am sorry. I also have ADHD, both types. I didn't notice it was Muffin's post on Sept. 15, 2009, at approximately 0500, to which I was replying- believe it's on page 23 of this blog. I don't know how to cut and paste, but it's a youTube video about XMRV. Maybe you could post it in response to...
  4. C

Personality Features and Personality Disorders in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Populat

I just watched the video link you posted, then shared my opinion on Facebook. Had too much trouble attempting to send it to my friends- Big Brother watching? The video is a perfect watch for Halloween- rarely have I seen anything REAL that was any more frightening. To think CFS/ME has been...
  5. C

If CSF, as recently proven by Alter and NIH studies has a retroviral component, the only possible personality trait I could justifiably agree with is depression. Depression lowers one's immune response, making one more susceptible to infections of any kind. Add that to people with Compromised...