• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

My Airbnb Situation..

Haha good stuff.
  2. M

My Airbnb Situation..

I'm so glad you've got the brains trust here to tweak things for you. It's a grand idea to generate extra income.
  3. M

My Airbnb Situation..

I might be a grumpy old woman but what effing business is it of his what you do with your life? And btw, old man, hell yes that's what I do. Now kindly piss off.
  4. M

My Airbnb Situation..

Yes. I fear I may have derailed this thread.
  5. M

My Airbnb Situation..

That's very wise. Not alarmist at all.
  6. M

My Airbnb Situation..

I just pictured MT in full Wonder Woman outfit with cape. You totally need to get one of those now.
  7. M

My Airbnb Situation..

Yup. It's mildly flattering to be called attractive - but it's weirdly opportunistic to say it to someone you've just met. Just casually the leave the spray out on the bench in full view too.
  8. M

My Airbnb Situation..

I actually don't think you should be spending time with them. It's a business transaction, as you say. If they want the full Girlfriend Experience they can go to a bordello. Get some pepper spray, that's a good start. You are gorgeous. Simply gorgeous.
  9. M

Working from Home

Given that whole degrees are able to be completed online without any face to face contact hours these days, I assume it's a markedly more feasible option than what it might have been a decade ago.
  10. M

Please can TeamPR help child threatened with 'intensive inpatient treatment' for failing to recover

I have been unwell since my early teens with a diagnosis of CFS/ME. What would you like?
  11. M

cfs energy levels related to state of mind

What sorts of interactions did you have with your friend? How long ago did things end? What kind of relationship was it?
  12. M

cfs energy levels related to state of mind

What makes you truly happy?
  13. M

Trying to walk and is my previous infection linked to this?

Have you had x rays of your chest and your heart tested? Those symptoms can make you very frightened. And more exhausted. I don't know whether it sounds like anxiety or a panic attack. Kind of sounds too severe and unresponsive to persistent exercise to be deconditioning too. I'm honestly...
  14. M

Something Strange Happened

Good plan, buddy :balloons:
  15. M

Something Strange Happened

Maybe you just had an upwards fluctuation like so many of us do? Hopefully it stays around for you for a long while :)
  16. M

I feel like a failure

Big hug back at you x
  17. M

Help for very ill bedbound aunt

You are very kind to help your aunt. All the best x
  18. M

Studying with CFS

That's atrocious that there's no disability support. How are students supposed to learn?
  19. M

Studying with CFS

Great news. Do something nice for yourself to celebrate your own bravery. Keep us posted!
  20. M

Studying with CFS

Good on you Justy x
  21. M

Studying with CFS

Matey I did year 12 with it, actually it sounds like I was similar age to you when diagnosed. There are plenty of options available. Clearly it's not ideal, but you sound like you've got your head on straight. Hopefully you have at least one switched on ally on staff at your school. Lots of...
  22. M

Studying with CFS

I do. I have undergrad studies and now I'm currently doing some post grad. Yes, I may very well be some sort of moron, haha. It's really very difficult. Keep your sense of humour, and use extensions when required. Is there an access and equity or diversity /disability program support service...
  23. M

Unrest Screens in Henty Australia

Thanks @AndyPandy .
  24. M

Diseases the placebo effect works for, and ones it doesn't work for (it's to do with dopamine)

My deepest sympathies; I'm in the same situation with a close family member. I'm not sure if you're still around on PR but I couldn't read your post and not offer emphatic condolences.
  25. M

Emergency, Please Help

I'm sorry I can't be of more assistance. Perhaps you might contact the ER? I hope you find relief soon. Please keep in touch. :)
  26. M

Working from Home

@David Jackson As an academic, could you do tutoring or mentoring of university students? Sorry if it's been mentioned already, I haven't read the whole thread.
  27. M

Working from Home

Such beautiful, beautiful work.
  28. M

The stress of A Levels..

Hi Emma and a big welcome. I'm so sorry your dad has (early onset?) dementia. That's very difficult. What is NISAI? Flexibility is key when working within the parameters of a chronic illness. I hope you find support and friendship here :thumbsup:
  29. M

Comment by 'Mary Poppins' in 'I don't want to die'

Just wanted to send you some love x
  30. M

What disorder do we REALLY have?

Hahaha i had 'yuppie flu' - still waiting to become a yuppie though :rofl: