• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. ibenagnes

Motivation and ME/CFS

"I wonder why we have such focus and motivation, compared to other conditions with mental or cognitive symptoms." I think it is because with most other conditions we know how to treat it and what causes it and we get information on it. With ME it is all just a big question, therefore we seek...
  2. ibenagnes

Vote once from anywhere to win $17,000 for MEandYou by Sat 1 June!

Steinar J. Olsen covered over 210 km and finally arrived in Risør just after midnight. Yay! :)
  3. ibenagnes

7737 vs 6770 right now. :)
  4. ibenagnes

Steinar J. Olsen has about one (norwegian) mile left to go. 10 kilometers. I think that`s about seven (english) miles? We can`t see the midnight sun here in the south of Norway (have to go further up north), but in summer the nights are so light there`s no chance Steinar will be stumbling...
  5. ibenagnes

Hobbies

I spend way too much time online in different fora`s. A few of them are really good. When I have good days I read. Photographing is another hobby, but also too challenging these days. Can`t carry heavy cameras and things like that. Photographing the way I used to is exhausting. Now I only take...
  6. ibenagnes

Benefit from B-Lymphocyte Depletion Using the Anti-CD20 Antibody Rituximab in Chronic Fatigue Syndro

-A Double-Blind and Placebo-Controlled Study Dunno if this has been posted yet? http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0026358 PS I didn`t read it. I will another day.
  7. ibenagnes

Norwegian breakthrough in ME-Research -with English sub [From 2011]

It´s been a while since the news from Haukeland was published - have a look at this news video from October 2011 again! Good information - and INSPIRATION - from two down-to-earth scientists and a fresh and sporty girl! Note that this was right after they published the results from their phase 1...
  8. ibenagnes

A week after the flu.... :(

As others said, you should be checked for pneumonia or bronchitis. I often get that from having the flu.
  9. ibenagnes

Norwegian rituximab study NOT started

Thanks for the links though. The more I read, the more I like this Dr Harriet A.Hall.
  10. ibenagnes

Captain-Ger, if you are referring to me, I`m not saying anything. All I did was post a link to an article. End.
  11. ibenagnes

Now that the XMRV myth has been put to rest, patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) are no longer jumping the gun to demand anti-retroviral treatments. But they are jumping the gun in new ways, based on very preliminary data coming out of Norway. A correspondent in Norway wrote to tell me...
  12. ibenagnes

Thanks Bob! I was too brainfogged and lazy to convert it. :)
  13. ibenagnes

The Norwegian ME Association and MEandYouFoundation has started a fundraising. In two weeks there has been donated 105 000 No.kr. to the ME Association. I don`t know how much there has been donated to MEandYouFoundation yet. http://me-foreningen.com/meforeningen/?p=4842...
  14. ibenagnes

Yoga

I used to do a lot of yoga, classical yoga, before I got too sick. Now I can only do very simple yoga, but it increases my wellness. A relaxed body deals better with pain. :)
  15. ibenagnes

There might be more information on this page: http://www.meandyoufoundation.no/