• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. maryb

Fixing Leaky Gut Helps ME/CFS, and Sometimes Achieves Full Remission

so to make further batches of this super yoghurt do you just use a couple of tablespoons of the previous batch as a starter? Or start again as the first?
  2. maryb

The flu...it's BAD

I’ve found elderberry extract hourly plus 1000mg vit c to help knock viral things on the head.
  3. maryb

List of Yasko/nutrigenomics practitioners?

I was too. Sorry, I never found anyone as knowledgeable as AHW.
  4. maryb

Best Meds for Deep Sleep

I take certerizine And loratadine alternate nights- they do help make you drowsy not sure if they help sleep as I take half a Zopiclone as well. But no harm in trying them. If I want a big hit I take AH diphenhydramine, but this is very addictive and only for very occasional use.ie when desperate
  5. maryb

Dr Raymond Perrin(perrin technique) is hoping to have published reports this year

As a person who has had LD from Raymond Perrin I can say that it does help for sure, is it a cure - no - but as someone said it's up to people to make their own decisions. I have to declare a personal interest here, I have a high regard for RP - he is a genuinely kind and caring person, and I...
  6. maryb

Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP)

Could you try taking an antihistamine with the spray?
  7. maryb

What would be considered Normal level of Aldosterone?

I can’t remember where I read it now but yes, I believe it is best to be above 15. Florinef may help with symptoms.
  8. maryb

What would be considered Normal level of Aldosterone?

15 or better is typically considered optimal.
  9. maryb

Lab results, can anyone help?

Has anyone had any experience interpreting the Mitogen and Antigen Induced Lymphocyte Proliferation panel from Mayo? Low results indicate a T cell deficiency, but what do results indicate? Autoimmunity? Some other kind of immunodeficiency? Thank you!!
  10. maryb

Swedish doctor risks losing his medical licence

Please sign this petition, share and spread it around. Dr Kenneth Sandstrom has been treating patients for Lyme disease, he is now facing losing his licence. Many ME? patients in the UK were treated by Dr AW 10yrs + ago. He prescribed abx, herbals, Samento etc. The only doctor in the UK at the...
  11. maryb

Borrelia positive through Arminlabs. I am positive or not?

I lacked joint pain and vision problems for a while too....not so now.
  12. maryb

What's the general protocol for treating Candida?

Berberine Caprylic acid
  13. maryb

Thyroid's out, Having Problems with Adrenals-ACE is being tried.

Vit C is good for adrenals, I would try liposomal though.
  14. maryb

In Belgium to see KDM

Very lucky for her living in Brussels!!
  15. maryb

Anybody else using DIY transdermal B12?

@Johnmac You probably missed my question, which brand B1 & 2 do you use?
  16. maryb

HIV EBV STORY--Please GIve Me Your Thoughts

Herpes 2 appears 2 -14 days after contact.
  17. maryb

I was told last week by a highly experienced ME doctor that once viruses get a good hold (as they have with me) L-lyseine will not cut it at all. I needs the big guns of Famvir etc, as per the late great Dr Martin Lerner. Oh I did get a sympathetic young GP who said she'd prescribe Famvir after...
  18. maryb

In Belgium to see KDM

Thanks @adelheid55 , so they'll give out the info once its up and running.
  19. maryb

Anybody else using DIY transdermal B12?

@Johnmac Which brand of the Bs did you use TD. I would like to try this way. I have a transdermal multi vit/mineral body spray from my doctor but my skin just sweats it back out and all my clothes get covered in pink stuff. @drew - for me any oral b complex makes me feel like I've been...
  20. maryb

Lauricidin

Thanks for posting, strange isn't it. Do you think it was doing something positive but ever so subtle? and now reducing it is causing a re-establishment of bugs/
  21. maryb

In Belgium to see KDM

I haven't heard any details @Daffodil , just that it may be in the pipeline. The hassle of the accommodation, shopping, transport etc was just too much for me where the clinic is in Brussels.
  22. maryb

ionic minerals causing me to wipe out, why?

I can only tolerate just a tiny amount, maybe just 1/5th of the rec dose and I don't do that every day, I've also bought electrolyte drinks and they don't suit me either. My theory (for me) is that with leaky gut the minerals get into the bloodstream and cause us to react. I keep trying as I'm...
  23. maryb

Mystery condition: I react to ALL Food, herbal supplements and spices - Why?

Ketotifen does cause drowsiness for me so be careful, and that's at half the prescribed dose. Hope it helps. having reactions to everything under the sun is just the worst thing.
  24. maryb

In Belgium to see KDM

Anyone heard anything about the new clinic, we've given up on Brussels. I will make an appointment as soon as this new clinic opens for sure.
  25. maryb

Post Ebola neurological symptom- sounds like PVFS/ME/CFS

@taniaaust1 funny how we don't get to hear exactly what the symptoms the Ebola nurse in the UK is suffering from, just that she's been admitted to an isolation unit after being airlifted to the hospital. No further information at all, and the majority of the UK public don't question it. We get...
  26. maryb

As well as EBV it is likely that herpes 2 is causing some of your symptoms. The viruses like to piggy back on a already lowered immune system. I tested for 4 active herpes viruses in one blood test last year after a horrendous 6 week period. I was trying to do what @Tammy was doing but I also...