• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

Anyone else crash in the spring? Is it pollen or something else?

YES!!!!! I feel much worse in the spring. I did not notice the pattern until another pointed it out. My twin sis has a theory, she mentioned something called "snow mold," this was new to me. With warmer weather, and thaw, maybe more mold spores? There are about 4-6 weeks in the mid to late March...
  2. C

Poll: Salt Lamps

Hi Strawberry- what a timely question. I have been wanting a salt lamp as well and I am hoping Santa (a.k.a. my husband) gets the hint after telling him to look at my Amazon wish list. Also, I had wondering the same thing, specifically if anyone notices a benefit from the lamps. From a...
  3. C

I have NEVER been this ill- Please Please tell me it is heavy metal-detox reaction

Wayne, Catseye, Dreambirdie, and Calendonia- Thank you so much for your continued advice/suggestions on the heavy metal detox. Not long after my May 2012 post, I finally woke up and listened to my body and stopped the DMSA protocol my doc. suggested for me. I wish I had researched and read...
  4. C

I have NEVER been this ill- Please Please tell me it is heavy metal-detox reaction

Gu3vara- I hope you are feeling better. I think you are on to something asking to try oxygen. I plan on asking my doc. next week. Have you asked yours yet? Wouldn't it be great to find something that helped right about now? Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us! Cassandra
  5. C

Vegas-thank you sooooooo much for explaining (in terms I understand) the physiological basis for my feeling like hell. My doc. is really great - well -intentioned and is trying to help me get better. Appears He just does not have the expertise for chelation and as a result he did not undertand...
  6. C

Nanonug- great idea I see my doc. next week I'll ask him about the test. Take care, Cassac
  7. C

Catseye- thank you for sharing your experiences. It is really helpful to hear all of the additional info. on oral chelation. I only had a few weeks left to complete the 3mos. Of oral chelation. Initially I thought I would stick it out in the hopes after feeling crappy I would feel better on the...
  8. C

Nanonug - Yes the red dots started on my abdomen. I saw an acupuncturist a few yrs. ago who though the dots indicated stress on my liver.
  9. C

Thank you everyone for your supportive words and excellent information. I plan on talking to my MD about this and the Cutler protocol. Warmest regards,, Cassandra
  10. C

Fredd- are methylb12 and methyfolate deficiency related to CFS? I am not familiar with these.
  11. C

Thank you Ian-I had not heard that before but it makes a lot of sense.
  12. C

Nanonug-I am not sure what you mean- what kind of test?
  13. C

gu3vara- that just sucks that you feel bad too. Not to be too much of a Debbie Downer, but is this an all time new low for you too? It is certainly discouraging when I realize 1-2 years ago while I was not "well" with a good amount of effort (diet, meds., supps., pacing) I was able to do much...
  14. C

Audrey- does "detox crisis" mean the toxins are at large after being pulled out of the tissues causing increased symptoms? Bentonite clay-is that a supp? I am not familiar with it. Really appreciate your advice and well-wishes. :Sign Thanks::Sign Cassandra
  15. C

Xrunnner- I take 250mg 2 x a day. Other supps. Something called "Metalloclear" (zinc, aerial part, hops, reduced iso alpha-acids); Something called "Biomins" (calcium, iron, potassium iodine, zinc, magnesium asparate, selenium, copper) I don't think I added that I am doing the 4 days on and...
  16. C

Hello everyone! This is my 1st thread. Well here goes................ First, I will not go into details about the protocol my doctor prescribed-after getting lost in all of these threads/posts I see there are many ways to go about detox as theories and protocols wildly vary. Generally - I...
  17. C

Describe your PEM

This is a great thread and a really interesting/important one to have. I will come back to add my answers-can't do it now. Thank you, Cassandra
  18. C

Comment by 'Cassandra68' in 'An Attitude That Prevails'

PWCalvin- You inspired me. I sent the post below to the doctors email address. I probably would not otherwise have responded to him- just been insanely angry. Cassandra
  19. C

Comment by 'Cassandra68' in 'An Attitude That Prevails'

Mr. Kadoch, You have no idea what an understatement the word "offended" is. The better word, is "disgusted" no, maybe "livid" or "enraged." Trust me when I tell you everyone here knows what you meant by "psychogenic" we have all heard it at one time or other from a well-educated, smart, and...
  20. C

Petechia - tiny red spots - mainly on arms (burst blood vesels)

Yep-I have these as well, many many of them. They are red and most of them are tiny, pinpoint I think someone else said. However, over the last two years I am now seeing a few larger ones that look like a small mole or something. Mostly on my upper arms (underside of arms/not sun exposed)...
  21. C

Comment by 'Cassandra68' in 'I'd Like To Dedicate This Song.....'

Carrigon- It is official you are now my favorite stranger!!!!!
  22. C

Ritchie c. Shoemaker, m.d.

GG, No I have not seen him. However, I have read one of his books, "Mold Worriors," and I am only exaggerating a little when I tell you it was like discovering a religion that spoke to me (certainly an accomplishment for this atheist of 43 yrs). Have you read it? For me, Dr. Shoemaker's...