• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Sleeping under a weighted blanket reduced my morning muscle pain

Maybe electromagnetic radiation is disturbing your sleep?
  2. S

Is electro-magnetic field (EMF) hypersensitivity a real thing?

Yes it is a real thing. Put the phone in AIRPLANE mode. I recommend you to get the EMFields Acousticom 2 or Acoustimeter to test for radiation where you sleep.
  3. S

houses w power lines attached

Power lines are only dangerous if you have magnetic fields where you stay or sleep. There are meters to check that.
  4. S

Study links health risks to electromagnetic field exposure

I use a USB keyboard and mouse. And of course, no RGB or off, because it also generates a strong magnetic field. For electromagnetic radiation, I have some meters. You can also buy shielding from YSHIELD.
  5. S

Someone has tried this 2LEBV?

I have mixed feeling about that. I think I felt a little better but because the inmune system wasn't being so effective. i stopped taking them because I relate it to homeopathy, but to be honest I should try them again. Probably I will do.
  6. S

Someone has tried this 2LEBV?

I did try it a couple of years ago, both 2LEVB and 2LEID. What I remind is that they made me feel worse, but that's probably because the inmune system was fighting harder, at least was what the doctor told me. You have to take them for a few months, you won't notice the effects right away. Those...
  7. S

Has anyone on this site cured him or herself of CFS/ME? Did I?

I discovered that my CFS was causes by too high electromagnetic radiation. Now, to sleep I have a EMF bed canopy from YSHIELD.
  8. S

Wake up several times a night

Did you check that there isn't high electromagnetic radiation where you sleep?
  9. S

Your urinary tract infection is in your head - Guardian article

Most of times it will be viruses, and when bacteria they don't perform the specific tests. Lots of bacteria types require specific test, just regular grow tests won't show anything.
  10. S

Waking up with daily headaches

Did you test where you sleep for Electric fields Magnetic fields Electromagnetic radiation
  11. S

Less Sleep Relief

Did you check that there are not electric/magnetic fields or electromagnetic radiation?
  12. S

Portable White Blood Cell Counter (home measurement)

Thread dedicated to research and devices to count yourself white blood cells. Research: Caltech: Counting White Blood Cells at Home Healthline: Portable White Blood Cell Counter Developed by Caltech Scientists Microfluidic CD4+ and CD8+ T Lymphocyte Counters for Point-of-Care HIV Diagnostics...
  13. S

leukopenia and neutropenia

As far as I know, white cells or lymphocytes are subdivided into several types: B, T (CD4+, CD8+) and NK. Testing for them individually should reveal more about the fact I guess.
  14. S

People with hsp (High Sensitive Person)

I guarantee you that hsp is genetic and hereditary. Other things may affect it, I don't know.
  15. S

I am booked in to see Prof. de Meirleir in January

@snowathlete did you test for lymphocytes? Specifically for all subsets of them: B, T (CD4+, CD8+) and NK. If you checked for some of them, did you check also its activity and not only the quantity?
  16. S

From my point of view, being myself hsp, it is very different how you feel and sense the world. Autistics have someway inability to either perceive or express both internally and externally. Hsp on the opposite can do very well, however the stimulus are overwhelming and thus retract to...
  17. S

why is my new supplement making me urinate so much :(

The thing with diuretics is that make you urinate more, even if you drink the same! So take care to drink more water, or you will get more concentrated blood and thus increasing the uric acid, among other problems.
  18. S

Does Anyone Else Feel Better As They Are Getting Over the Flu?

It happened to me also the past winter (not this one). I felt slightly better than before having the flu but my symptoms did not remit of course. I can think of various options why one feels better. One is that the immune system ignores the enterovirus and focuses on the flu. The other option is...
  19. S

leukopenia and neutropenia

My blood test revealed just after the onset a mid leukopenia (specifically neutropenia, the other cells were normal). I had as low as 2500 white blood cells per square millimeter, while normal is above 4000 depending on lab. Before the onset I had normal values on all analysis. Now I have them...
  20. S

AM3 (Inmunoferon)

AM3 (Inmunoferon), which is a glycoconjugate of natural origin, inhibits LPS-induced TNF-alpha production and inflammatory responses. It is prescribed to boost defenses. My onset was on mid 2010, with symptoms matching the Chronic Sore Throat / Mood Virus. On blood test there was a mid...
  21. S

I'm one of those who had high sensitivity prior to cfs, and now with symptoms that match almost exactly Chronic Sore Throat / Mood Virus I feel somewhat worse. Had a lot of of extreme anxiety and nervousness since the onset on May 2010. Going to a shopping /leisure center extremely overwhelms...
  22. S

Alcohol Tolerance Poll

My alcohol intolerance shifted a bit after cfs, however I can drink the same alcohol as before. However on the onset I had heartburn and nausea. Now have no issues since the onset on middle 2010.
  23. S

Psychologists' Study Proves They Are A Bunch Of Humourless Prats

You look offended. The study seems accurate to me anyway.
  24. S

emergency report from China

Are you talking about Leukopenia? That's exactly my most noticeable value on blood tests. I had it as low as 2500 per cubic millimeter, and most times marginally lower than 4000, while before I used to have about 5000. I had Immunoferon (AM3) for two months and the symptoms became much worse. I...
  25. S

Chronic Sore Throat / Mood Virus

Found yesterday a blog thoroughly describing what can be one of the causes of CFS (not ME): a virus. http://chronicsorethroat.wordpress.com/ My symptoms match almost 100%.
  26. S

Indeed it is. I guess the doctor is very busy, has a lot of patients.
  27. S

Here are my comments on some of your results Eosinophils 4% [0-4]: eosinophilia may be due to parasitism. Shouldn't be high on a normal pacient. ANF (Antinuclear factor) 40 [0-40]: autoimmune marker. There are a bunch of others too. Not good to have even one of them positive. In my case...
  28. S

Article: Ampligen Study Sparks Hopes for FDA Approval of First Drug for CFS

The Rituximab only works on some cases and still we don't know why. Furthermore shutting down the immune system would relief the symptoms but as well leave us unprotected from infections and external aggressions because of the immune system shut down itself.
  29. S

Article: WPI Wins Lawsuit/Science Retracts XMRV Paper/Mikovits Back to Work on XMRV

The Next Generation Sequencing will be more used in the future, because of the major setbacks of the PCR.
  30. S

Judy Mikovits has been arrested

They're talking about before she had the lawyer.