• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. E

We were meant to live for so much more

I know its too hard to tackle a situation like this, but still I would say you will continue to be in a miserable condition, as long as you think of it.
  2. E

Trial of therapy for CFS as mitochondrial dysfunction at Columbia November 19, 2011

I feel exercise is a better option than treatment, only you have to condition yourself. If everything will be treated then what will be the difference in Clinical Psychologist and a Doctor?
  3. E

New heart rate montor

I've been looking for a similar heart rate watch. I finally found one at that I think will work for me at an online medical supplies store. Now I'm just waiting for it to arrive!
  4. E

Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) changes

I had knowledge up to DSM-4, thanks to my psychology course, and now I thank you for this.
  5. E

Sleep help

This is what I needed when I used to live with my friend during my college days. He had late night studies and I have to sleep with lights on, had a tough time adjusting to that.
  6. E

Does anyone else feel revolting after a shower?

I would definitely recommend trying a shower chair. At the very least it should help you conserve some energy. You should be able to find one anywhere that sells medical supplies.
  7. E

My neighbor said I'm rude

Last Christmas I and my wife went for gift shopping. We bought some lovely gifts for our friends and family. But the day we were supposed to go and give gift, I wasnt well. I felt bad for my wife. But she is understanding and surprisingly most of our family and friends are not. As long as your...
  8. E

Extreme Measures: Can one sue their family of origin?

I am really sorry to hear your current state. It has happened to me too, but its not exactly the same. So I can understand what you are going through. I shall pray for your well being and wish you find a way to get out of this.
  9. E

Twilight Boredom

MF and CFS is hard to diagnose. I know a lot of people around who are diagnosed recently and throughout their life, they were said to be lazy by their family and friends. Its sad to see such to happen. Its like dyslexia going unnoticed. It sucks to be in such a condition. But there nothing I can...
  10. E

Nancy Klimas video on a safe exercise program, how to do this when severe?

I dont know about what exercise she is teaching. But all I know that whatever exercise I try, I end up being so tired that my body s sore and like hell.
  11. E

Wheelchair/Mobility Scooter Thread

MeridianHealthStore.com has great deals on wheelchairs and scooters as well as on other medical supplies. If you can't get insurance to cover what you need you can save money by buying through their store.
  12. E

Dealing with lost career dreams and goals

I was 24 until I had finally built up my career in what I wanted. I started working at the age of 17 and for first five years I was switching my jobs left right and centre. Finally after the fifth year, I focused on finding stability and moving on one particular job stream. I worked for 3 years...
  13. E

Problems with meditation

The definition of meditation is to focus your mind towards something so hard that you dont get diverted even a bit. I suggest that you try meditating in the night or when there is no body at home. You can even try doing at the attic. You can also lessen up your meditating time and do it wherever...