• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. F

tsunami warning

I hope folks are aware and ready to take precautionary measures to detox radiation even though the EPA and UCB are still reporting "low" levels. EPA claimed air at NY Trade Center ground zero was safe for rescue workers and first responders. Now those brave folks are fighting serious illnesses...
  2. F

Do you get fevers? Ever?

I don't get fevers. Have had cfs for roughly 20 years. No matter the cold or flu, no fever. If I am extra sick I will "run hot," but never measures beyond about 98.6. I sometimes wish I could get one to knock out an infection. Have thought for a long time, though, that my immune system just...
  3. F

tsunami warning

Can anyone share thoughts about Japan releasing radioactive vapor into the environment. Does this have any chance of reaching the US? Or the West Coast? Is there anything more than Iodide recommended to protect ourselves? I am watching the internet (since I am without a TV) for news of the...
  4. F

A New Poll?

I was breastfed but weaned a bit early. I do think it is worth starting a poll. I will talk with my Mother and get back to the thread with more details like when exactly I was weaned. -femmgrrl
  5. F

Easy Solution to Treat CFS - Dr. Oz

I am so happy to see so many more letters. I think quantity is what will get their attention. I think each person's unique perspective is of value. Even if our letters are not perfect they are counted and are incredibly valuable. I agree that no one can speak for us because this illness is so...
  6. F

Thanks Tree for writing and posting your letter. Very well said! :victory::victory::victory:
  7. F

Please PM me for "Constructive Discourse" in the future.
  8. F

Thanks DreamBirdie for the inspiration to take action. Here is the letter I just sent to Dr. Oz. Boy am I pissed at him: Removed.
  9. F

My New CFS Video--CFS Patients Address the CDC

Congratulations I think the video is very powerful and well done. Thank you for taking the time and energy out of an already hard life (living with CFS) to make it and publicize this issue that has stayed in the shadows for too long. I am tired of the pressure to explain myself to everyone...
  10. F

Phoenix Rising YouTube Video Thread

Photos for Video and Song Hi. I took and sent you photos today for "weighing me down" with arms open and "coffee cup." I hope you like them!!! Please let me know because I am excited. -femmgrrl :cheeky grin: :victory:
  11. F

Phoenix Rising YouTube Video Thread

I can do this teejkay! I am not on here much yet. I am sorry I did not get your PM. If you are willing to make it easy for me, that would help. I am not doing very well the past few weeks. Trouble eating, trouble sleeping. Last night was better but I feel so trashed. My house is a complete...
  12. F

Cymbalta Withdrawals While Titrating Down

:Retro biggrin:It is Jan 15, 2010 and I am writing an update about my Cymbalta titration. Thanks for everybody's help. I still would love feedback. I have been lowering for exactly one month now and doing well. Just had that one day of horrid withdrawal symptoms. I started at 60 but went to...
  13. F

Update :Retro redface:Thanks Alice, CJB and Sushi for the P.S. I am taking Melatonin for sleep and I think I have been on Cymbalta for 4 years. I am noticing now that about two hours after I take it I become exhausted. I take it around noon and I thought the fatigue was trouble digesting...
  14. F

Thank you all: Sushi, Dr. Yes, and Ioldershaw, I really really appreciate your support, help, and suggestions. I am noticing some positives also in lowering my dose. I believe I will stay at 20mg for a few weeks to stabilize then begin to titrate using the "remove a bead" method. I am...
  15. F

If anyone has gone off Cymbalta, I am interested in knowing how you did it. I have looked at "The Road Back" and am taking a multitude of supplements to ease the withdrawal symptoms. I am taking Trazodone too, for sleep. I did not have too much trouble going from 60mg Cymbalta to 30mg but the...
  16. F

Lauricidin

Hi Dreambirdie, I can only take 1-3 per day and not every day. It pulls heavy metals out once the virus is gone. I am going to try some Red Clover tea. I am new here. I got a candle holder for Christmas from a friend. It has rocks and shells and a little card telling me where all the rocks...