• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

ME Disability Allowance in the US and Europe?

Thanks for your opinions guys. My doctor says I should qualify if the procedure's done in an unbiased way. Although the whole system is obnoxiously corrupt. The actual allowance is less than $200 a month, but there should probably be some drug discounts etc. Theoretically, the government is...
  2. M

ME Disability Allowance in the US and Europe?

I've heard ME sufferers are considered disabled in developed countries and are granted an allowance. How true is this? Does your country also cover your medical expenses? Being an ME patient in Russia, I'll probably be trying to contact the health authorities on the subject. We have a...
  3. M

LCMV - Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis Virus.

LCMV is a zoonotic pathogen coming from hamsters and mice with a poorly studied role in human chronic disease. Some strains (ARM) cause an acute and some (Cl13, Docile) a persistent chronic disease in mice. http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/220796-overview...
  4. M

The Hammer - Vistide and Dr. Peterson

Is there a way to contact Dr. Peterson regarding his Vistide protocol?
  5. M

Mycoplasma an Underlying Issue? - I don't know what to think

^^ And all kinds of herpes viruses including HHVs. runner64 Thanks for your post, please keep us updated on the results. Do you have subfebrile body temperature, by the way?
  6. M

Hypersalivation anyone??

I guess my case might be a bit uncommon since I was infected during dental procedures. I have to spit a full mouth of saliva out every 5 minutes if exposed to cold or if I rinse my mouth with a certain antiseptic. It's 15-30 minutes otherwise. Does anyone have it as well?
  7. M

Mycoplasma an Underlying Issue? - I don't know what to think

Has anyone done this? http://forums.phoenixrising.me/showthread.php?15747-M-Fermentans-test-at-UNEVX
  8. M

Ringing in ears

I got it in my right ear after a damned car horn went off right near me. It's of the same frequency as the horn was so I'd guess the acoustic trauma killed certain cells in the cornea. Perhaps it could have healed over with the lapse of time if I hadn't had ME. Even the slightest scratch...
  9. M

The Hammer - Vistide and Dr. Peterson

Any idea how many injections did it take for hvs in total? Has anyone combined Vistide with Foscarnet and IVIG?
  10. M

M.Fermentans test at UNEVX?

I haven't found any M.Fermentans tests available except for the UNEVX Mycoplasma panel: www.unevx.com/wp-content/themes/unevx/pdf/TEST_RQN_Sept_2011.pdf They are also going to add M.Penetrans to the panel as I was told. However, the panel is qualitative not quantitative and costs $400 + $700...
  11. M

Similarities between Post Polio Syndrome and ME

It was Rospotrebnadzor lab in Moscow, a sanitary inspection authority. There was no strict reference range. They told me up to 1/256 can be observed in healthy individuals. There was a problem with polio type 1 results as they didn't do dilutions properly at first and gave me a result of 1/>32...
  12. M

Ok, after reading this topic and hfme.org I had my serum polio antibodies levels checked (cytopathic effect neutralisation method) and did enterovirus PCR (stool). I had an acute onset and a part of my symptoms holds something in common with what is described at hfme.org. PCR came back...
  13. M

Root Canals

Thanks Ian. Were their teeth asymptomatic with no x-ray evidence of inflammation?
  14. M

Root Canals

Ok, has anyone else got rid of their asymptomatic root-canalled teeth? Did it help with your ME?
  15. M

Me too, especially those Hydes works!
  16. M

Amalgam Tooth Fillings cause of ME ?

Thanks for the info. I'm more worried about toxicity issues though when it comes to composites, as they leak trace amounts of xenoestrogenic toxins, such as Bisphenol A. Mr.Kite Glad for you, porcelain is the most healthy material of them all, although it needs toxic bonding agent...
  17. M

Oh, my bad, was asking you and Mr.Kite and just about everybody else) Do they test for allergic reactions or toxic as well at Biolab?
  18. M

What have you put in instead? Composite materials (containing Bis-GMA etc) are believed to be toxic as well.
  19. M

Looks like one more argument in favour of HERV involvement.
  20. M

Since your ME/CFS onset, have you caught the Cold & or Flu more or less frequently?

I had frequent sore throats before and not after the onset. A brilliant thought. Or, alternatively, it could have been designed as a stealth disease disabling you by means your own immunity. There have been numerous experimental retroviral vectors created, and I doubt that any of them...
  21. M

Nexavir and PERVs.

Thanks for the info, didn't know that.
  22. M

Nexavir and PERVs.

In light of these data, should we think twice before starting Nexavir? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19686312 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20657519 There is a general notion that PERVs are inactivated by human serum, but we are immunosuppressed, after all. I was just about to...
  23. M

Astounding Norwegian research breakthrough with Rituximab can solve CFS mystery!!!

I wonder if Rituximab may be harmful in patients with high persistent herpesviral load. I, for one, have 500000 copies of HHV-7 DNA per 1000000 cells in saliva (0 in blood), which an autoimmune condition alone can hardly account for.