• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Tom

Perrin/lymph drainage/massage: makes sense or not?

http://forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?572-Perrin-Technique-on-DVD This thread has links to video's and other parts of the treatment Cloud. Tom
  2. Tom

Perrin Technique on DVD

Yep . Works to help the liver. Tom
  3. Tom

Perrin Technique on DVD

Hi Lucinda , Might be better giving up ALL self treatment at this time until things become a bit better. or just the cold /hot or just do cold. Remember that its your body and you know best , there is no rush to get better . The supplements were Milk Thistle ( don't think this will cause any...
  4. Tom

Perrin Technique on DVD

Hi Lucinda , Are you doing daily self treatment .? If yes , it may be too much for you . Consider not doing it all , or not doing parts of it. If no , you should have been shown the head massage/ combing and nasal release breathing also cold/hot compress on the thoracic vertebrae . Just do...
  5. Tom

Welcome Becca21 , Glad the Perrin technique is helping you . I go to Bedford for mine. Tom
  6. Tom

Curcumin and HPA Axis Dysfunction

Hi Cloud , It sounds similar to what I experienced , The G.I symptoms anyway , and near enough the time scale . 4 days before things started for me. Would last 3 to 4 days then settle. I would wait until everything has settled down for 3 to 4 days before increasing the dosage , and you'll...
  7. Tom

pamb , new recipe. As you're in France add garlic and red wine if tolerated. Numb his taste buds , or over-power them , before the Tumeric . Tom (smileys)
  8. Tom

Hi Pamb , When I switched from capsules to enhansa powder I put it on a lettuce leaf , folded that then ate it. It was tasteless , should've added salt to the lettuce . Your husband may be OK with uncooked tumeric--see if he can have a taster session in the shop. Tom
  9. Tom

Sometimes I measure improvements in millimetres Sasha , so -- end of week one. Definitely end of week 2. But that was me. Tom
  10. Tom

Hi Sasha, Chiropractor--been there done that , The Perrin method is different manipulation , not scary or painful. Compared to a chiro it's really quite gentle . If you find the massage being painful they'll back off to a level you're happy with. The practitioners come from different fields ...
  11. Tom

Hi Sasha , I started with the smallest capsules and by day 2 I was getting what I think is called herx reactions , nothing too bad but definitely noticeable . On average these would last 4 to 5 days then would begin again each time I increased the dosage . As I said , I waited 2 to 3 days after...
  12. Tom

Hi Folks, I started enhansa about 6 months ago , with the capsules, followed the instructions re dosage but didn't increase the dosage until after any effects had subsided and I'd been "stable" for 2 or 3 days. I now take a heaped blue scoop twice a day (powder). It's made a big difference to me...
  13. Tom

Perrin Technique on DVD

Hi Cloud , Therapists don't have to be osteopaths to learn the technique , and if around 6 want to learn Perrin would fly over to do the training . { info from earlier this year , there may be others who can do training by now}. I did enquire about training via webcast etc but this is not doable...
  14. Tom

Hi Lucinda , Enhansa http://www.leesilsby.com/enhansamain.php The manufacturer----lots of good info. Enhansa is used by lots of Autistic kids with good results , neurological problems. M.E is neurological. Last year I read a small piece by Dr Mikovits that asked re treatment and she said...
  15. Tom

Hi Sasha , The symptoms that I got rid off first were sound sensetivity, light sensetivity and migraines, skin sensetivity and finally smell sensetivity . "Sore throats " went first and all gone never to return within the first year, not even after over doing things . No flare up of anything and...
  16. Tom

Hi Illsince, You wrote -Personally the lymph drainage issue being causal makes no sense to me. It isn't the cause. The cause hasn't yet been identified. It's a way of treating the effects of the unknown cause/s to help the body recover, it's not a cure , so whatever the cause is it will still...
  17. Tom

Perrin Technique on DVD

Hi Sasha, If you go for it remember that you can be pretty rough for a few days then OK . Sort of up and down as toxins come out. I would recommend that you don't self treat initially especially if you are feeling rough, and I've never self treated with the back massage(arms aren't long...
  18. Tom

Forgot about bad bacteria in the gut, and probably more causes of inflammation. tom
  19. Tom

June, The inflammation can come from virus or retrovirus attacks ( just been watching Predators - the new one) or from muscle movement when they don't work properly. Also see autopsies re inflammation of the basal root ganglia ( think thats what its called) and spinal colum etc etc. , but you...
  20. Tom

Perrin Technique on DVD

Sasha, Mostly I just read the whats new page and only seldom login to post, so I loose threads often. Trials etc were in conjunction with Salford Univercity if memory serves me well. Re diagnosis. How is anyone diagnosed in the U.K ???? It's all a bit hit and miss and if you don't have...
  21. Tom

I've been on the Perrin Technique for over 3.5 years now , with slow, steady continuous improvement. If you read other threads explaining how the brain signals ,for the different nervous systems work, and also inflammation in that part of the brain, you can see how the technique makes sense...
  22. Tom

Deep tissue massage

A few days late " Happy Birthday Lucinda ". You wrote " In any case, my response to the massage is making me wonder if The Perrin Technique might be a good option for me?" I would say yes -but then I've been on it for a while. Part of the technique is the self treatment daily , this can be...
  23. Tom

Touch & Pain Response

Hi Diva55 , 'Pain isn't just the signals coming from the body to the brain, but it is also the way the brain processes those signals,'' she said. ''We have shown that when a person puts their hands together it reduces the pain." The way the brain processes those signals , this is what I've...
  24. Tom

Problems with meditation

'Morning Lucinda, http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?572-Perrin-Technique-on-DVD&highlight=perrin I meditate , I'm also a Reiki Master and have been on the Perrin Technique treatment for over 3.5 years . The area of your brain that is mainly affected also controls different parts...
  25. Tom

Problems with meditation

Hi Lucinda , Try to look at the whole picture of your 5 senses ,vision , smell, taste, hearing and touch , all or any combination of these senses can cause severe problems for the individual. The information is gathered by each and then directed to a specific part of the brain. This part of the...
  26. Tom

UK Study - Pediatric CFS

Local community radio in Grantham 1.30 pm ish retrovirus XMRV will be getting a serious mention. http://gravityfm.net to listen live , it's only a small server so can't take 100's of connections. You may need a Scottish translator handy. Tom
  27. Tom

The Scottish Good Practice Statement on ME-CFS is online now.

This could be Scotland's research. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-11168757
  28. Tom

Where is the UK coverage of the FDA/NIH paper???

" Sort Of" helsbells , it would likely be closer to 5.00 per minute . Think on folks . The Government , NHS , MRC , NICE etc , they have no money , it is all our money, us, the people of this Island nation. They have been doing a crap job spending it these last 25 years or so , thats why...
  29. Tom

The Scottish Good Practice Statement on ME-CFS is online now.

I wouldn't say it's irrelevant , "they" have professional P.R. and have taken over the spin , "We" have volunteers who are Ill,fragmented support organisations and little by the way of funds. It's a no contest really. Tom
  30. Tom

Where is the UK coverage of the FDA/NIH paper???

It was the last Tory government the sealed the M.E files for donkeys years , oversaw the change in name fron M.E to CFS and let the politicisation of this disease run rampant. We would probably be better off joining a Trades Union , they do at least fight for their members rights and have...