• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. N

Thyroid Lab Interpretation

Same here, check out any stop the thyrid madness website or fb group. I am used to see labs posted by people taking NDT, and the thread starter is probably on not enough Thyroid. (according to what other patients say) But in order to tolerate a high ft3, the adrenals must be working well...
  2. N

Petition to stop norwegian borreliosis research being destroyed

http://www.change.org/petitions/the-norwegian-board-of-health-supervision-please-sign-this-petition-to-stop-the-destruction-of-essential-research-material-microscopy-of-prof-laane-and-prof-mysterud#
  3. N

Anti-biotics cure for backpain

There have been several studies on modic and and antibiotics over about a decade. This article above is about the latest papers in the series. We have seen several danish and norwegian papers on modic and antibiotics (long-term antibiotics) over several years here a norwegian one, with image...
  4. N

Horrifying article in Sunday Times

I have not read through the entire thread, but simultanously there was a similar articles with similar words here in Norway, here about a LP coach, self-tilted as ME therapeut.
  5. N

Propionic acid inhibits mitochondiral function

I think Meirleir uses antibiotics plus strong probiotics to kill pathogens in the gut and then replenish the good bacteriae. I read on a blog, maybe it was cfs advocate, that the gut immune cells last long and it takes several months.
  6. N

Clongen Lab XMRV Test

at lymenet they think highly of clongen. http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/89749 but vipdx found out they need to do the culture test, not just straight pcr. With lyme, the lyme patients know the pdr is only about 4-5%, meaning you statistically have to re-do the lyme pcr...
  7. N

XMRV Replication Studies

Redlabs Belgia is gonna do the very same tests that vipdx does, I heard rumors.
  8. N

XMRV results

Athene, there are two kinds of d tests, the D3 is 25-OH and the active D is 1,25 D. The D3 stores is tha standard test. Was that one high, or the other one??
  9. N

Russian XMRV Study

Interesting, archeology in xmrv.
  10. N

Interesting PCR test

Wow, lots of possibilities, from ticks and mice XMRV, Theiler's murine encephalomyelitis virus (TMEV), unknown: De Freitas retrovirus, CAV australian/danish retrovirus, whatsitsname, from cows: and Dogtorj posted on his facebook page about viruses not killed in heat-treated milk...
  11. N

xmrv needs 4 tests (Nov 09)

Lyme patients know that lyme losers the immune response very much, so that very sick lyme patients often ahve entirely negative tests. That is ELISA tests for lyme antibodies 8=immune syetem's response to the pathogen) and western blots (that is wetsern blots for antibodies to different protein...
  12. N

Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency

I think they speculated on the wpi facebook page if there is some connection between CCSVI and "infectious venulitis". Google infectious venulitis, as it was an early cfs outbreak. Dr. Ryll studied it in Sacramento, some ten years before the Lake Tahoe outbreak.
  13. N

XMRV Vip Inconclusive

same with lyme, patients usually have to be tested several times before they test positive.
  14. N

XMRV results

cold, this is about a form of homeopathics called isopathics, german stuff, I think and yes, viruses and bacteriae can be treated that way. i followed some threads on a lyme forum about homeopathic and infrared treatments for borrelia. Joey has a whole blog about that. (his lyme is undetectable...
  15. N

XMRV Vip Inconclusive

I read somewhere they were running a number of tests again. If not all. Probably why so few people have gotten any answer I think.
  16. N

News of replication of WPI XMRV study...

About when they found XMRV, Andrea W. posted on the WPI facebook group that they found it on dec 28 in 2008 or thereabouts, it was just before newyear I seem to remember. Viruses can change after getting into hosts, like here we have had mutated H1N1 in the most severe ill people, and those...
  17. N

News of replication of WPI XMRV study...

Kurt, there was speculation here if there is xmrv in ticks, mainly because ticks feed on mice first (not deer...) Several lyme patients have asked that question. Also, some lyme patients wonder if the reason for treatment resistant lyme is XMRV (from ticks that feed on mice first) Can you...
  18. N

WPI repoting XMRV is not Defretias' virus

Okay then we can list them by name, since they are not one and the same: CAV-Freitas inside mitochondriae XMRV-silverman gammaretrovirus in white blood cells JHK-Grossman retrovirus inside HHV-6A (HHV-6A can be inside the brain , without any signs in blood or lumbar puncture..)...
  19. N

Who is a good US doctor?

googling for Me blogs and Meirleir, I found this page which explains RNaseL: http://www.mecfscanberra.org.au/docs/fastest.htm Redlabs was named after this, and Meirleir was in the the tam developing the test (and co-founder of the lab) and this http://www.investinme.org/kennydemeirleir.htm...
  20. N

Who is a good US doctor?

Chrissie, have you considered Meirleir in Belgium? He is definitely looking into XMRV and has already treated lots of patients for virus or retrovirus, and he uses redlabs etc. He is going to the U.S. now these days and mentioned XMRV to some patients he saw the other day. He does use a lot...