• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Article: Two Weeks for $250,000 (or more) for CFS Support Groups with Chase Community Giving (Nov 8

My trust of FB and big banks is at virtually zero, so that puts the risks too high . . . I tend to agree with the analysis made here: http://handswideopen.wordpress.com/2011/10/17/popularity-contest-philanthropy/ especially in terms of there being no assurance that the organizations "winning"...
  2. D

Article: Two Weeks for $250,000 (or more) for CFS Support Groups with Chase Community Giving (Nov 8

I guess I'm the only one bothered by the fact that in order to VOTE I have to hand over my personal information (including Friend Lists) to Chase? Personally I find this sort of "philanthropy ala American Idol" rather offensive. Good Luck to the CFS/CFIDS/FM groups, but until there's a way to...
  3. D

MBSR Not Particularly Effective for Fibromyalgia

Thanks for the link Esther. I'll look into it. I'm not really new to "mindfulness" (I've done yoga for 30 years), just to the Kabat-Zinn MBSR approach. The instructions are to just "follow the instructions" and that there is no "right or wrong way" . . . We'll see how it goes. You're probably...
  4. D

MBSR Not Particularly Effective for Fibromyalgia

MBSR was recommended to me. I couldn't afford the official course, so I borrowed the Kabat-Zinn book and CDs from the library. Read the book and have started the 8 week "course". The one hour a day/six days a week is hard for me, but I'm trying. So far, I find that the body-scan meditation...