• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

Why is the forum not separated by subtype/subgroup?

@southwestforests CFS is not ME . There was, and still is a well defined disease myalgic encephalomyelitis ME , which is severe disease caused by infection, quite well documented from over 70 years. There was no good reason to dump the original name & criteria of ME , the new naming that...
  2. A

Why is the forum not separated by subtype/subgroup?

I know my type, which is CFS and NOT ME.
  3. A

A resource for clinicians and patients, U.S. ME/CFS Clinician Coalition. OMF.

HHS Refuses to Correct their Wrongful Branding https://relatingtome.net/2016/08/05/hhs-refuses-to-correct-their-wrongful-branding/ Resisting Attempts to Silence #PwME https://relatingtome.net/2017/11/01/resisting-attempts-to-silence-pwme/
  4. A

A resource for clinicians and patients, U.S. ME/CFS Clinician Coalition. OMF.

Ben H , can you litle bit open the reasons why it seem like OMF fade out the known historical definition about how and why ME is/starts ? I find OMF wiews as conflicting what comes to the knowledge i have about ME. https://www.hfme.org If i read the HFME site, and compare the wiews...
  5. A

PQQ and Coq10 Hack

It would be great to avoid PEM , i guess it depends on many factors, having enough Q10 look as mandatory for creating ATP sounds at least quite logical . Coenzyme Q10 200mg plus NADH 20mg...
  6. A

PQQ and Coq10 Hack

@pamojja That`s interesting, so the blood test showed that CQ10 had accumulateted in the body with time , which is good . Did you notice differences in fatigue/energy scale between serum 3.31 and 6.95 ? The MitoQ people claim that getting Q10 /ubiquinol to blood and inside mitochondria is...
  7. A

PQQ and Coq10 Hack

Yes it sounds like for getting good anti-Post-Exertional Malaise ubiquinol would be the preferred choice. Another interesting comment from that same page : "Ubiquinone from food and supplements will be activated (chemical term: will be reduced) as it passes the intestinal wall, and then the...
  8. A

Ketogenic diet & mitochondria

I just noticed the text on each of those 3 inhibitors " WARNING This product is not for human or veterinary use " I gues the inhibitors are for science use only then ?I should really read more carefully before writing . If could help the cell`s create new mitochondrias , mitochondrial...
  9. A

Has anybody experienced breathlessness as a refeeding symptom? Did you find a solution?

Could it be severe iron defciency ? Iron at least is required to the hemoglobin which carry oxygen...also copper is important for iron transport so could that be also`. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/iron-deficiency-signs-symptoms#section3
  10. A

PQQ and Coq10 Hack

After looking the price tag of MitoQ , i think they will not take my money . But how about another method, making your own Q10 in your body without the need of buying Q10 supplements ? Chlorophyll and Sun light to make more ATP ...
  11. A

PQQ and Coq10 Hack

I will try the grapefruit juice method , that was good tip , and might add some omega 3 too . I think Q10 should help with both fatigue and brain fog , if it is absorbed. I feel that if take Q10 supplement with 100-300mg and cant notice improvement , it might not be good Q10 supplement, not...
  12. A

@MariaMagdalena @wabi-sabi I tryed water fasting earlyer this year, i almost got 3 full days on it, but i started to feel so weak i had to stop. I think it was in my case becouse i did not make sure to get chlorine, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and sodium ..specially the sodium and potassium...
  13. A

PQQ and Coq10 Hack

Aliexpress do look cheap , but should it somehow be mixed with lipids or oil before consume ?
  14. A

@Wishful I dont know either is the drugs for approved for humans . Crushed LED, not my breakfast choice ( break fasting ) Surely there must be easyer choises than arsenic ? @Rufous McKinney Could the fatty acid issues comes from absorption problems also ? Some people dont have the required...
  15. A

PQQ and Coq10 Hack

Well i skipped reading the full details in the studys, so was not aware that all versions were indeed made by pharma nord. I am pretty sure the cheap Q10 i just buyed dont much do it`s job as should. Anyone dare to to buy Bio-Quinone Active CoQ10 GOLD/ Myoqinon and do Empirical research ...
  16. A

Asking everyones views , is ketogenic diet good for mitochondria function in general, better even than any so called normal diet which have more carbs ? I just semi-randomly read again about feeding mitochondrias, and this caught my eye : "One of its leading advocates is neurologist Jong Rho...
  17. A

High Sugar Intake Worsens Autoimmune Disease in Mice

Is there a connection between autoimmunity diseases and vitamin C ? Becouse glucose and vitamin C compete with same reseptors, body wants to give glucose advantage . https://www.citywatchla.com/index.php/christian-cristiano/13040-the-sugar-vs-vitamin-c-war...
  18. A

PQQ and Coq10 Hack

I been reading details about CoQ10 and it"s bioavailibity . It look"s like there can be huge differences in different Q10 ubiquinone supplemets absorbtion to plasma, yet there might be also another thing , how Q10 can or can not enter to mitochondria from plasma...there might be be some...
  19. A

Place to share controversial or not so known, "hidden" treatments

@Fuluf Ok thanks, i will look for suitable time later when to order . Yes agree with milk but i cant find any normal milk here so cant much use it other than some cheese and yugurt .
  20. A

Poll on magnesium

It taked time to feel better with magnesium, it may be becouse magnesium is critical nutrient for detoxification , so once start loading magnesium it may displace toxic pollutants in cells and any mobilized toxin in the blood make feel worse which is easy to interpret that magnesium cause...
  21. A

Is there anything I can do to reduce PEM?

I think the beta-carotene studys, several of them have been debunked years ago beta carotene study were flawed Oxidation itself is not the enemy, our mitochondria make energy by oxidation of food , but at same time experts have think that too much oxidation in the mitochondrio can also harm...
  22. A

Place to share controversial or not so known, "hidden" treatments

The GM larvae extract seems interesting, i never have hear about it before . So you think that the first 2 bee farms know the right methods, and are also good quality ( dont have toxic chemicals ? ) I dont speak Russian . I have some systemic enzymes , when i was reading about them i think i...
  23. A

Is there anything I can do to reduce PEM?

I started supplementing these to get energy , only things in the list i still dont have is ALCAR Acetyl-L-carnitine and Astragalus . PQQ ¤Support mitochondria Coenzyme Q10 ubiquinone ¤Support mitochondria Oral glutathione Jarrow Formulas, Glutathione...
  24. A

vit d making me sick?

Hmm , no wonder then that my body seems to love magnesium, i been Self-adjusting daily magnesium dosage up to 1000mg ,sometimes about 700mg also thought , but it is still more than any RDI or other official values . I think when stressed we burn magnesium a lot , i am guessing between 200-400mg...
  25. A

vit d making me sick?

Having too much calcium in the blood can lead to a wide range of complications and symptoms. Some of the most serious include: a loss of appetite diarrhea and constipation confusion, disorientation, or trouble thinking nausea and vomiting joint and muscle pain continuous headaches irritability...
  26. A

Advances in Understanding the Pathophysiologyof Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (Komaroff, 2019)

For me it`s hard to see Myalgic Encephalomyelitis and CFS as same . I dont have ME diagnosis but CFS , yet i dont particularly like how they are mentioned often as being same still. I could copy paste a lot text about the issue, but it`s better to read them from Hummingbirds' Foundation for...
  27. A

Screen time and cfs symptoms

Most screens ,was it computer or phone use cheap circuit called Pulse-width modulation and this not healthy , it cause flickering even if you cant really see it, but our body does feel it`s effect still . The best solution is to get screen that use another more expensive circuit , DC dimming ...
  28. A

Any recent ME/CFS outbreaks?

And vaccines . They really do love us sooo much .
  29. A

Latitude and CFS?

More likely the causal factor is pesticides ,specially RoundUp , and this brings to the original Latitude question, i think the FrankenFood aka pesticides in plate have spread in to so many latitudes sadly, and becouse many have allready eated FrankenFood food many years or decades causing the...
  30. A

Machine Learning-assisted Research on CFS

Linseed meal products or pesticides can interfere with vitamin B6 . https://www.dsm.com/markets/anh/en_US/Compendium/ruminants/vitamin_B6.html