• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. E

Too ill to have children

Wow. Are you serious? Did you even read what I said? If I had a choice, I would have a child. If I had a choice I'd go on those European vacations too but I can't do any of those things. I can't work, I can rarely get out of bed. I have no problem with people choosing not to have children, I was...
  2. E

Too ill to have children

Nobody said that's all you are, why the aggression? Sharing your personal stories is fine. Assuming it will be the same for everyone else and dismissing other points of view is not. In my experience, which i believe is just as valid as yours, children pay for their parents problems much more...
  3. E

Too ill to have children

I understand what you are saying but I'm not sure it's always that simple. From my own experience, I have to be very selfish to stay as well as possible. I don't have the energy to give to a child no matter how much I would love and care for them. Maybe they'd understand but it'd be...
  4. E

Too ill to have children

I became ill in my early 20s and now I'm heading toward 40 with my health getting worse and worse all the time. I think I am now too unwell to cope with a relationship or even making a child! But I would have really loved to have a kid. It's another massive layer that adds to me feeling my...