• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. blacksunwolves

Medical Medium - celery juice

Hope it's OK to tag along on here, I actually started the MM protocols around 6 weeks or so ago now but have only been fat free for about 4 weeks so far. I am trying it out as when I first took up juicing it completely turned my health around 110% for the better, in fact it seemed at that time...
  2. blacksunwolves

Ok science geeks — what does this tell you about my physiology??

@valentinelynx I find this really interesting in terms of posture and perhaps some kind of subconscious response in the body/mind to our perceived stresses and traumas and the fight/flight mode button being constantly switched on while we are braced in a kind of foetal position, ready for...
  3. blacksunwolves

Ok science geeks — what does this tell you about my physiology??

@WantedAlive I have recently become aware of a link with carbohydrates and poor posture/no core inner strength. I can now sit and have a meal and feel the centre of my body pulling inward as I'm eating the carbohydrates, I am discovering a link with posture and carb intolerance and currently...
  4. blacksunwolves

Heart palpitations

@HABS93 What is amino acid therapy? Curious to find out more please :-)
  5. blacksunwolves

Anyone here have tooth problems?

My own personal experience is that teeth are healthy when the rest of the body is. Had an amazing experience the first time I tried a raw food diet that involved lots of vegetable juices and fresh/dried fruit - health and energy levels shot through the rough and felt like a completely different...
  6. blacksunwolves

Seriphos

Didn't notice a difference for me (had night time cortisol too) but then also didn't put in as much perseverance as Mary by the sounds of it :rolleyes:;):) Haven't been able to find anything to help with sleep so far, have also tried herbal and sleeping meds. Best wishes @purplelady :thumbsup:
  7. blacksunwolves

Paresthesia when eating food

Don't know if this might help anyone else but I've found that wholegrains that have been cooled (chilled or frozen) before eating, seem to really help reduce burning/heat in the face. For example, a ready made sprouted wheatbread would be de-frosted in the fridge overnight before eating and a...
  8. blacksunwolves

White Hawk - A Good Spiritual Omen

This was when I'd just got back from receiving them :heart::star::angel: Always feels like they give me wings - maybe when we have sightings, they could be helping us to find them? ;)
  9. blacksunwolves

White Hawk - A Good Spiritual Omen

Hawks kind of link in with the cfs journey for me. Not long after health really started to deteriorate, I moved to the countryside wanting to be in nature and I saw a couple of hawks quite regularly in the area. Health continued to plummet during those few months in the country and I had an...
  10. blacksunwolves

House of Commons Full Debate on ME next Thursday 24th January 2019

https://www.meassociation.org.uk/2019/01/invite-your-mp-parliamentary-debate/ Just found this page with an email template for sending to MP's on the ME association website :nerd:
  11. blacksunwolves

House of Commons Full Debate on ME next Thursday 24th January 2019

@boolybooly Wow, that document is incredible! Thanks for sharing :) The part where it shows the differences between ME peeps and healthy peeps during exercise has blown my mind! Haha! :woot::thumbsup:
  12. blacksunwolves

Anxiety

I have found spiritual studies (and a specific teacher) and meditation a great aid for dealing with illness and all the stress and anxiety it brings and is especially great for taking the focus off the never-ending physical stuff that seems to occur. For me, it helps to separate out the real me...
  13. blacksunwolves

does anyone else....

@sunshine44 I can see quite a few similarities in your situation reflected in my own. I had the test for Addisons, a doctor once told me he thought I was hypoglycemic by looking at me but becasue of no diabetes on testing, it didn't go anywhere. What's interesting is I had a recent...
  14. blacksunwolves

does anyone else....

I totally understand and can see how testing blood sugars all the time can be a stressful event! Hugs! Really interesting to see your reply about the differences between the endocrinologist and the naturopath, thank you for sharing that as it helps me to also understand the diagnosis situation...
  15. blacksunwolves

does anyone else....

I was thinking the same about hypoglycemia as I suspect this is what's going on with me but the problem is trying to diagnose and then treat it in the UK seems near impossible for a doctor to do! (At least that has been my experience) :depressed: I had a chat today with a sympathetic rep from a...
  16. blacksunwolves

Help for Insomnia by cooling your head

Thank you for sharing this guys :) What interesting reading! I get a hot face anyway and have to keep my face elevated off the bed or it becomes too uncomfortable so I will definitely try this! I did used to use a mini fan during the night when the face burning became too much but perhaps I...
  17. blacksunwolves

Lying down puts pressure on my body

I feel something similar too and I'm finding that different positions can either add to, or help relieve the pressure/tension. I find it better to lie down flat without any pillows but I have to raise my head off the bed by resting my jaw on my arm, otherwise my face gets really hot and...
  18. blacksunwolves

Dr Adrian Morley-Davies at Uni hospital N Staffordshire, U.K.

Any update on this guys? Sounds interesting! :nerd:
  19. blacksunwolves

The Resistant Starch Challenge: Is It The Key We've Been Looking For?

I came across resistant starch recently after experiencing less symptoms after freezing and defrosting carb rich foods like bread. https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/food/6465485/freezing-white-bread-toasting-less-sugar/ It's early days but I do think it helps with overall symptoms including...