• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

Cleveland Clinic & XMRV & CFS doctors?

(This is more of my rant at the clinic for misdiagnosing me. It isn't really useful info.) If there is a doctor at the clinic who is up on CFS, then I have some issues with the five doctors I saw there who did not suggest I see him or her when I told them I thought I had CFS. I grew up in...
  2. A

Acupuncture and lightning bolts

Thanks Kim for the info! I thought it might be something like that. Glad that it doesn't do much harm.
  3. A

Acupuncture and lightning bolts

Ah, yes! The lightning bolts. I had one of those up and down my right leg during my very first session. I was pretty scared about it, especially since she told me it wouldn't hurt. It was a long time before I let her put a needle in that point again. I felt the lightning there one other...