• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Aurelius

Very noticeable improvements in brain fog using Dr Greg Russell-Jones's transdermal B12 oils (which provide a similar dose to B12 injections)

Would someone who is overmethylated benefit from vitamin b12 at all, when it causes these symptoms? Or is it the bodies way to say that it has no further need?
  2. Aurelius

CFS: new findings about human herpesviruses (EBV, HHV-6)

Do they write something about countermeasures?
  3. Aurelius

A new way of testing the bioactive status of B vitamins

I think so. One of the reasons I felt compelled to open this thread is the fact that i saw imd berlin pop up here and there in other threads. So some users may already be familiar with them. Best wishes
  4. Aurelius

From the website: "Where do the ID-Vit® values lie as compared to conventional analysis? The results between the ID-Vit® assay and the HPLC method showed a good correlation for the established vitamins. Only with vitamin B2 no correlation was recognizable, possibly due to the fact that the...
  5. Aurelius

The IMD Laboratory has a new way for testing your vitamin b status, which I find quite interesting. Normally you would have the quantity of a vitamin in your blood tested. But there is now a way of testing the actual bioavailability of said vitamins. What they basically are seeming to do is to...
  6. Aurelius

A Molecular network approach reveals shared cellular and molecular signatures between chronic fatigue syndrome and other fatiguing illnesses

"In conclusion, we present an unbiased data driven, network-based approach that identified molecular signatures of CFS and implicates a number of highly coherent co-expression modules to CFS. For the top 5 modules, the complementary analysis shown here point to a common underlying biology that...
  7. Aurelius

Very noticeable improvements in brain fog using Dr Greg Russell-Jones's transdermal B12 oils (which provide a similar dose to B12 injections)

So I have received the B12 oil which @Hip mentioned. I used it yesterday and quite a ride last night. I would be very grateful is some people could help me figure out what was happening: I took the first dose around 2pm, applied on my biceps. Because I did not feel any effect from it, I took a...
  8. Aurelius

DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) is Neural Microdamage Rather Than Muscle Damage

And would there be a treatment for repairing them again?
  9. Aurelius

DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) is Neural Microdamage Rather Than Muscle Damage

For whom it may concern: https://www.mdpi.com/2076-3921/9/3/212/htm
  10. Aurelius

Microcirculation APOE4 and LipoProtein(a)

There is a phase 3 study: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04023552 The medication led to a reduction of Lp(a) under 50 mg (125 nmol/L) in 98% of the participants. Edit: AKCEA-APO(a)-LRx is the name of the med.
  11. Aurelius

Vagus Nerve Implant

@paul80 :nerd:
  12. Aurelius

Vitamin K (& K2?) overdose. Need help

Could you have your blood drawn for a lab check if it is really a VitK overdose?
  13. Aurelius

I have a new change can i see if you all have this too?

I have the same. For me it feels like an inflammation in the brain that keeps on increasing the longer I keep me from not sleeping, until I have to give in. Now, I dont say that it is actually an inflammation of the brain, simply that this is the way it feels to me. A "nap" of 3hours can clear...
  14. Aurelius

Vagus Nerve Implant

I would love to read an update on this every now and then from you if it would be possible
  15. Aurelius

Agoraphobia and anxiety anyone?

I leave it to Jem and her doctor to decide, as her problem right now should be clearly addressed by an expert. Maybe she then will become a member of the "few lucky others" and at least get this problem of the table.
  16. Aurelius

Agoraphobia and anxiety anyone?

I had agoraphobia and anxiety to a degree that it had been difficult to even go to the kitchen to eat. Leaving the house was very very difficult. Credit where credit is due. SSRIs turned that thing around for me. I would therefor recommend you to get that kind of help.
  17. Aurelius

Has anyone tried Modafinil?

On a related note: I have taken it in the past, but it did absolutely nothing, neither good or bad. What could be the reason for that? Giving that it normally has a quite profound effect on most people.
  18. Aurelius

PQQ and Coq10 Hack

PQQ, CQ10 and even Creatine all give me a racing heartbeat, shaking limbs etc. at nighttime, to quite a strong degree. Which is sad because they are all supposed to be beneficial for Mitochondria and very safe :(
  19. Aurelius

Another german lab starts autoantibody testing

I had some lab work done with them several years ago. They are certainly top notch. Great news, thank you for sharing.
  20. Aurelius

New reliable Fibromyalgia test

Does anyone knows how long it takes for something like this to end up in the lab, so that regular people like us can order it?
  21. Aurelius

Supplementing E. coli

How was your sleep at time of sampling?
  22. Aurelius

Supplementing E. coli

Ah I see, because on that link they have a few studies on Symbioflor 1. and since you talked about Enterococcus before I was assuming that you wanted to point out something regarding 1. Yes, Symbioflor 2 seems to be a good supplement for E. coli as well. In two days I will start taking Inulin...
  23. Aurelius

Supplementing E. coli

Sadly this link just points to three weak studies in vitro. However I wrote an email to the company that produces Symbioflor 1. First information: it does indeed include both an Autolysat BUT also living bacteria, so that is good. But they also provided me with a study (produced in-house as...
  24. Aurelius

Supplementing E. coli

Nope, that is an autolysate. That is basically the content of the bacteria without cell wall and proteins. People use it in the hopes of activating their immune system. Probably similar to homeopathic medicine. But obviously it is not useful at all as a probiotic to recolonize the gut...
  25. Aurelius

Supplementing E. coli

In this thread I will outline my ongoing attempt to remodel my gut microbiom using E. coli bacteria and other probiotics and prebiotics. Two months ago I send my stool sample to Ubiome, and at the same time to a German lab (ordered online). The Ubiome results took more than 6 weeks to get back...
  26. Aurelius

Provoking Herx as diagnostic tool

Thank you, but personally I would prefer to not use antibiotics while trying to figure out if contaminated with lyme and thus needing antibiotics in the first place.
  27. Aurelius

Provoking Herx as diagnostic tool

Giving the difficulty of diagnosing Lyme disease and related co-infections would it not be possible to use a supplement which is known to cause herxheimer reactions in lyme patients as a diagnostic tool? In many books about lyme I came across Byron White Formulars for example, which are used as...
  28. Aurelius

Gruppe für den Austausch über ME/CFS im deutschsprachigen Raum

Ja, die machen nicht alles. Als Einblick ist das ganze schon sehr nett, aber man wird eher nichts finden, was für die Gesundheit ausschlaggebend wäre.
  29. Aurelius

Gruppe für den Austausch über ME/CFS im deutschsprachigen Raum

Genau, du bestellst den für 99Dollar und lässt ihn auswerten. Die Rohdaten (also dein Genom) kannst du dann ohne Probleme runterladen und bei jedem beliebigen Service hochladen, der eine Auswertung anbietet. Ist sogar günstiger als die Gesundheitsauswertung (Health) von 23andme machen zu lassen.