• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

Any research about ME/CFS being CAUSED by emotional trauma?

@Pearshaped a friend of mine contracted diabetes after a serious injury in her back. She was in bed for a few months ignoring if she would be able to walk again. She is good now, but suffered a lot of stress during that time. I think is not coincidence that she got diabetes right after that event.
  2. L

@PracticingAcceptance I've heard some people get CFS after taking antidepressants. Did you take antidepressants when you had your teenage depression?
  3. L

I did have an emotional trauma months before the onset of my CFS. This was caused by family. Moreover, I went through a very difficult break-up and a job that was consuming me. I was living abroad and I had to make choices that I found very hard. I realise that from this trauma thing and the...
  4. L

successful CFS treatment - occult strep infection, my story

I've heard they travel through the body. Sometimes you can have your tonsils taken out and still have the ASOT elevated. However, in other cases, it is unknown why, the ASOT goes down together with the surgery.
  5. L

successful CFS treatment - occult strep infection, my story

@stilltrying96 this is a topic I have mentioned in other threads. I have a similar story, but I haven't healed (I hope) yet. All my life with tonsillitis since a child, later I had IBS, joint pain, braing fog... A couple of doctors told me that I should get my tonsils removed, but then the...
  6. L

Inconsistent libido

@Chiron did you take antidepressants to improve?
  7. L

Could taking SSRI have contributed to my relapse?

what did you do to get that remission?
  8. L

Anemia of iron deficiency symptoms with apparent normal lab tests

I was told laSt week I have turbinates hypertrophy as well. First doctor to tell me this after 3 years of CFS... I have also huge tonsils with holes. Plus, I have high ASLO (around 430). ASLO is the only thing that is not normal in my blood tests and it has been all my life above its range. I...
  9. L

How Your Microbiota Affects Your Mental Health, Among Other Things

what are those things? meditation I imagine?
  10. L

How To Find A Doctor When You Have ME/CFS, Because The Process Can Be Challenging

It gives some hope to recover... I don't know if the figures are correct or not, but good to know that some people make it! After two years and a half sick, I still dream waking up "cured".
  11. L

GSTP1 and Vitamin E

Hi, I can say that the only thing that has worked for me is vitamin E 400UI, dl-alfa-tocoferil acetato. It has reduced the pain in my legs a lot. I dont whether can cause more inflamation or not
  12. L

Melatonin

After failing with amitryptiline for sleeping, (I woke up with tachycardia in the middle of the night and other side effects) Im considering high dose of melatonin. I've read that it is a very powerful antioxidant and relieves muscle pain. I tried it already for a small dose of 1mg, and I slept...
  13. L

Ramping down on Cymbalta - any tips?

:D Thanks for your response! I will keep an eye!
  14. L

Ramping down on Cymbalta - any tips?

is the reduction of libido normal to all antidepressants? I've been a week on 10mg amitryptiline and the first days I slept really good, almost like before of my CFS onset, however I have noticed that I have lost my libido these days... Im 30 years old and I dont know if it is worth to "pay...
  15. L

Full recovery- is it possible???

I've been already to a couple. Didn't help me... My CFS started with a very strong pharyngitis. Ive had tonsillitis and pharyngitis all my life, gradually losing my health over the years... Im 30 now, 2 years and a half I got CFS and I want to find a psychologycal reasn for it but I cannot find...
  16. L

Full recovery- is it possible???

@matt321 @femtosecond99 what did you guys do to recover? How come you still here in this forum? Do you take LDN or any antidepressant and consider yourself recovered? What treatment do you follow? I want to think is possible, after two years and a half trying alternative medicine, diets and...
  17. L

Amitryptiline / elavil

I just started last night. I have slept much better, and I have had much more energy during the day.I have started with 10mg too. I was afraid because I took scitalopram (another antidepressant) last summer for two weeks and it spoiled my stomach (it is very sensitive) for some time. I am very...
  18. L

how to keep the inmune system strong?

Hi everyone, I wonder how you guys do to keep your inmune defense strong (the most natural way if possible). I keep getting colds all the time, low-grade temperature during the day but other times I feel very hot, specially at night. The temperature of my body is clearly altered, as soon as I...
  19. L

Mushrooms as Medicine with Paul Stamets

I've been taking cordyceps(energy) and coriolus versicolor(inmune function) for two months and a half and I feel better. Ive been two months with an inmune system very strong until last week I got pharingitis again... at the beginning with cordyceps I felt a very high libido, i didnt have this...
  20. L

Brain on Fire: Widespread Neuroinflammation Found in ME/CFS by Jarred Younger

How do you take cannabis? do you smoke it? I made a tea with milk and cannabis. First time I Got really high, second time I did it, i used less cannabis and I managed to sleep better and reduce the pain in my legs. It worked, however it still had some side effects, digestives for instance. Im...
  21. L

is swimming(aerobic exercise) recommended for us?

I am taking L-glutamine 5grs at night. Some days I took 5grs at morning and 5grs at night, but I think this would be too much. I've read it is not very good for the liver to take much Glutamine, so I'm doing 5grs now. Would it be posible to take BCAAs together with L-glutamine? Or this would be...
  22. L

How many of you are able to work?

hi, I was just wondering how many of you can actually work. Apparently some people are able to work. For me would be very hard at the moment as I depend totally on my family. Moving to another city to work would be impossible but I don’t lose hope that maybe this could happen in the near future
  23. L

is swimming(aerobic exercise) recommended for us?

Hi everyone, last weeks I've been doing quite good. I started to go to the swimming pool 3 days per week and one day gym. Last year every time I tried to go to the swimming pool I would have PEM for a couple of days, however since two months ago this trend changed and I was feeling great after...