• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. O

Ceruloplasmin/Copper Toxicity-advice needed

Hi Ric, Yeah the reference range was 0.2-0.6 so my GP said its in the reference range so normal. Although its low in the range he said the range is the range. He said would need to be much lower to do something. I have tried to request a 24 hour urine test and a hepatic copper test so will...
  2. O

Ever since I was diagnosed with ME/CFS I always told the doctors it felt like I was ozzing something out of me and never felt clean and had very sore testicles and sinus problems but they never listened. The more I read up on copper it fits my symptoms. The DMPS is a challenged test which...
  3. O

Hi there antherder. I was wondering how you have got on with this. I was diagnosed with supposed ME/CFS 3 years ago, but from some recent testings I too think I may have copper toxicity. I requested a ceruloplasmin test and got my result back at 0.2. Not low low but not exactly mid-range! I...
  4. O

XMRV testing in Europe

Sorry no idea why I was told Arizona. I am very new to this whole thing and although had ME/CFS for two years now am only now starting to see what I can do about it. This is just the information the 'Breakspear' gave me. The whole WPI information is all over my head sorry. I assume this is...
  5. O

XMRV testing in Europe

They told me that I could pay 700 and they send it to Arizona or wait three weeks (they have saved my blood from other tests) as they are setting up a link with a place in Oxford to test for it. I assume they are liasing to have a constant testing facility with this place in Oxford and was told...
  6. O

XMRV testing in Europe

Xmrv I went to the breakspear yesterday to see if they could help my ME/CFS and along with many other tests they are doing, they told me they are testing for XMRV.