• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Z

DHT - dihydrotestosterone

They found enhanced NK cell activity and ability to make more B-cells. But they also saw that the most significant difference in the entire study was that immunoglobulin levels (antibodies) were markedly lower, which just further shows suppressed immune response. That just means that NK...
  2. Z

Testosterone suppressed the immune system. We just don’t know how. Cortisol ALSO suppresses the immune system, which is why corticoSTEROIDS have that effect. Here’s just one study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/25708485/
  3. Z

ANABOLIC STEROIDS FOLKS?

Bodybuilders would say test. But I think a greater number of powerlifters would say HGH
  4. Z

ANABOLIC STEROIDS FOLKS?

Question is though, how does one ‘do it right’, so to speak?
  5. Z

ANABOLIC STEROIDS FOLKS?

At literally 500x the normal human limit like most bodybuilders, sure, no holds barred in terms of side effects at that point haha. But yeah I guess. The last PubMed article that I read only went up to five times the normal human limit and I didn’t note any bubble gut side effects. That was...
  6. Z

ANABOLIC STEROIDS FOLKS?

Bubble gut is caused by injecting insulin (and not working the TVA), not by HGH.
  7. Z

Just because it’s illegal here in the States does not mean you can’t get it. Here’s a website that I found after Googling “buy proviron”: https://www.buyonlineventolin.com/hormones/proviron/proviron-25-mg-20-tablets-ingredient-mesterolone.html Here’s another one...
  8. Z

I know testosterone suppresses the immune system. And I also know that DHT is like super testosterone (potency estimates range from 3-20 times as strong as regular test, but most bioassays tend to be within the 5-10x range). So knowing this, I’d assume that it would have a greater...
  9. Z

ANABOLIC STEROIDS FOLKS?

Hmmm. I know for a lot of people it helps (although they also don’t have energy issue to begin with, it just boosts them further). I take Arginine over the counter just a precursor to HGH, and find that it helps my endurance considerably. I don’t think it increases risk of cancer though. There...
  10. Z

Carnivore Diet for ME?

Just have to point something out—the food pyramid was created by the department of agriculture, not the department of health. That should tell you about all you need to know in terms of monetary gain.... Don't forget, the Irish practically lived off of potatoes for several hundred years :pem::pem:
  11. Z

Carnivore Diet for ME?

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this (only read 3 pages), but anything with zero carbs is very hard on the liver because even in ketosis, the brain still needs ~25% of its energy usage to come from glucose (why this is though, I haven't been able to find out why). This means that your liver...
  12. Z

ANABOLIC STEROIDS FOLKS?

I know that testosterone has side effects that one wouldn't want. But instead of testosterone, why not just take HGH instead? From the studies I've read, even when participants were taking 5x the normal human amount, there weren't really any side effects aside fluid retention. HGH has pretty...
  13. Z

Has vitamin K-2 (mk-4 or mk7) helped you ?

I mean the same can be said for probiotics too. You’ll be taking the probiotics for as long you’ll be taking K2, really. It’s pretty hard to change your diet up to such an extent that creates an flourishing environment for specific bacteria to grow.
  14. Z

It’s essentially bioavailability. Just because it’s technically there doesn’t mean your body can absorb it. Just because the bacteria make it, doesn’t mean you absorb it. The vast majority of the K2 they make stays within their cells, rendering it unavailable to us. That’s the point I’m trying...
  15. Z

These are wrong assumptions. Firstly, K2 has nothing to do with clotting at all. K1 deals with clotting and the blood and all of that. All it does is normalize your blood, meaning if it’s too thick, it will make it thinner; or if it’s too thin, it will make it thicker. This is why warfarin...
  16. Z

K2 is also known as menaquinone. Quinones are responsible for transporting electrons down the Electron Transport Chain (ETC) that’s within mitochondria. They transport the electrons from cytochrome complex I & II to cytochrome complex III. What does all of this jumbo jumbo mean and why does it...
  17. Z

Something that I’ve seen here is that it’s important to eat this with animal fat. I was wondering why specifically animal fat and why not plant fat? Or is it just that animal fat is normally saturated fat whereas plant fats are usually unsaturated? If this is the case, why not just use saturated...
  18. Z

Sleeping on the floor makes me feel better-rested

Hmm so it stopped feeling refreshing and then I went back to my normal bed, and it felt ridiculously soft and comfy. I slept well and thought maybe the whole floor thing was just a fluke for me, but then after a while, the mattress became less comfy. Switched back to the floor, and then I feel a...
  19. Z

Sleeping on the floor makes me feel better-rested

Hello all, I tried searching around on here to see if anyone has ever done something similar or mentioned it at all but I couldn’t really find anything so I thought I’d ask. Basically, I wake up never really feeling fully rested, brain fog, tired, and in general I sleep extremely light; it...