• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. YippeeKi YOW !!

Severe LDN side effects continuing even after stopping the medication?

OK. Here's how to do quotes. Using yourr cursor/pointer, highlight the phrrase or paragraph you wnat to respond to .... A pop-up window will appear either above or below, witth 'Quote' or 'Reply' given as options. If there;s more than one thig you want to respond to, click on 'Quote', a...
  2. YippeeKi YOW !!

Aftrr this iincrediibly long rrely, judging y the number of things I quoted, I'll post a seaprate reply giving you easy-peasy directions on how to quote. You;ll be amazed at how simpple it is once you get the hang .... That's why I only recommended safe, low risk options. I know wwhat...
  3. YippeeKi YOW !!

Which drugs for the central nervous system

PureEncapsulations Taurine (precurrsor to GABA production) ..... Thorne Labs Pharrrma GABA, .... magnnesium glycinate (I use Solgar, a 100 mg tablet that can be easily cut down to titrate to a smaller dose), helps block NMDA and AMPA reseeptors, which aso helps restore calm to a...
  4. YippeeKi YOW !!

Mast cell activation syndrome is not what it seems

@Solitude .... you been poking thru my mail???? EXCELLENT educated guess, and dismally familiar ....
  5. YippeeKi YOW !!

Mast cell activation syndrome is not what it seems

There's an excellent couple of links and really good info on mcas activation posted by @SWAlexander on the UPDATES AND FOLLOW-UPS thread .... I;;mm fighting thrru multiple levels of hell right now from COVID which after 8 months I think we can call LongCVID, and one of them is MCAS kst cell...
  6. YippeeKi YOW !!

@linusbert And great to see you again, too, you wag !!!!! :D:D:D:hug::hug:
  7. YippeeKi YOW !!

@L'engle , @Marylib , @Wishful , @hapl808 ..... it;s good to see y'all .... I;ve been gone for a looooong time,, fighting thrru these deeply unsettling and unusual reactiions to the COVID infection for 8 flucking months now. I really thought it would kill me. And based on prrevious...
  8. YippeeKi YOW !!

I agree with @Hope_eternal ..... this sounds like a neuro isssue and a severely dysregulated sympathetic an parasympathetic nervous system.... it's absolute hell and while your partner in this state of discombobulation, they're inot in control of what they say, what theey do, what theey think...
  9. YippeeKi YOW !!

chromium picolinate for neuroinflammation? Mice 2020 study

Not up to it right now, but have bookmarked your ;post and link for later .... thank you for that info !!!!
  10. YippeeKi YOW !!

What kind of peptide contaminant could be causing this reaction?

This is one of those off-the-wall observations that could well signify a steaming pile of …. nothing. But I was thinking about the traditional received wisdom regarding taking large amounts of isolated B vitamins, which result in nudging other B’s out of the picture, and creating often severe...
  11. YippeeKi YOW !!

Medicine is plagued by untrustworthy clinical trials. How many studies are faked or flawed?

Another source to watch out for is ELSEVIER.... owned by a husband wife team who went after the man who wrote a blog about the issue of the ever-increasing bogus, pay for play 'scientific' research sites like Elsevier, and routinely named the worst offenders with evidence and proof, and...
  12. YippeeKi YOW !!

Medicine is plagued by untrustworthy clinical trials. How many studies are faked or flawed?

Unfortunately, most papers are now published by pay-to-play sites. Frontiers is one of the worst, tho sometimes some of their studies, flawed as they may be, yield interesting food for thought. Frontiers 'Peer Review' system has been under continuous assault by real scientists, who are...
  13. YippeeKi YOW !!

HELP !!!! MY REPLY WINDOW IS DEAD, EXCEPT FOR 'POST REPLY' BUTTON ....

@Hip Ignore .... the issue has been resolved by @Cipher, but it's still baffling as to how it happened .... thank you for checking in !!!!
  14. YippeeKi YOW !!

@Cipher .... Brilliant !!!! That fixed it .... but I don;t know what triggered the toggle icon, It'ss a drop-down and not visible or usable unless you seek it out, which I didn't. And the reply window issues were there the minute I opened a thread, with the toggle icon still hidden ...
  15. YippeeKi YOW !!

IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM? ALL THE ICONS IN MY REPLY WINDOW ARE DEAD, REGARDLESS OF WHICH THREAD I'M ON ... Can;t change font, or size, or use color, or re-center a post, or use the smilies. Can't post a hyper-link. Nothing. Nada. The only prompt that works is "Post Reply". Is...
  16. YippeeKi YOW !!

Cort Johnson, the Founder of Phoenix Rising, Returns to Lead the Forum!

I agree wholeheartedly, @Sing, and loved your heartfelt and moving comment.... am so glad that you've decided to come back !!!! :balloons::balloons::balloons:
  17. YippeeKi YOW !!

covid: revelations about corona, long term symptoms and corona vaccines

It depends on the state. In some of them, lying is considered an advanced form of vocal gymnastics, with as much strutting and flexing for the cameras as possible, and a gentleman's agreement that it's pretty much no harm, no foul. See @hapl808 comment. Nonetheless I think you should let the...
  18. YippeeKi YOW !!

Food and supplement safety recalls thread

Not having my best brain day, but I think you might want to open your own dedicated thread on this ... espcially with the appt looming so near .... :hug:
  19. YippeeKi YOW !!

OMIGOD, it's like we have twin brains on this issue. I;ve been posting much the same thing endlessly. Absolutely right on. Testing out theories on alternative therapies is way to costly for even large manufacturers of, say, IV Vit C, to undertake. And, of course, there's no money in it for...
  20. YippeeKi YOW !!

You've pinpointed one of the many things I love about PR ..... while I any may not agree with every alternative treatment discussed, I find them interesting, and when I don;t I do exactly as you've said .... I just quietly move along, unless I have real information about potential damage from...
  21. YippeeKi YOW !!

Abilify- Stanford Clinic Patients

Hi @Martin aka paused||M.E. .... you've been flitting through my mind, which is saying a lot right now. because I;m dealing with a world of difficulties, drama, and symptomatic reactions to same .... It's good to know that you're still working on your plan, and to see you pop in from time to...
  22. YippeeKi YOW !!

.... at least as far as we know at this point, and possibly subject to change as more is discovered. Cause with this vicious little sinkhole of an illness, one never knows, can one?
  23. YippeeKi YOW !!

Terrible and expensive experience with Dr. Kenny De Meirleir

Anytime m'dear .... and thank you for the thoughty kindness of your attributing it !!!!
  24. YippeeKi YOW !!

ABSOLUTELY !!! Embarrassed I didn;t add that to the list .... having one of my not-very-good days, with brain the most affected ..... thank you for adding that critical link @Judee :hug: :hug: ....
  25. YippeeKi YOW !!

What a nightmare, and how carefully calibrated to this community's weaknesses: difficulty focusing, cog fog, physical exhaustion ... all potentially assisting the fraud in every possible way. I'm deeply sorry that you had to go thru this, and as @Zebra wrote above, I could easily see it...
  26. YippeeKi YOW !!

I'm pretty much right there with you. I'm terrified at the thought of trying one more thing, risking one more disappointment, wearing out one more hope ..... and especially something as dicey as an anti-psychotic. So I've been keeping it like a rabbit's foot, or a talisman of some sort ... Oh...
  27. YippeeKi YOW !!

Oh, I'm so sorry. Nothing can rip you apart quite as badly.
  28. YippeeKi YOW !!

It takes a lot of work to make a site a home 🏡 .... I have no idea who was on the board, beyond @Janet Dafoe and @Hip and the much missed @Diwi9 , since it was rarely, if ever, mentioned. But for all their effort, guidance, and nurturing, I’d like to thank those members for creating and...
  29. YippeeKi YOW !!

Could ME/CFS be a part of CSF

Right there with you :meh::meh: . In fact, I brought popcorn and a couple of folding chairs so we can watch the machinations in comfort :):):) ...
  30. YippeeKi YOW !!

Could ME/CFS be a part of CSF

@Jyoti Any thoughts??