• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Methyl90

My experience on plasmalogens

Maybe you just need to compensate for excessive lipid peroxidation, vitamin E as alpha tocopherol could help you, maybe even tocotrienols... you should try them. Is your diet high in vitamin A?
  2. Methyl90

My experience on plasmalogens

Why not use shark liver oil with MSM or DMSO topically to aid penetration everywhere up to the peroxisomes? or oral with MSM. If I remember correctly, the Idealabs company produces isolated fatty acid products with the aim of saturating cardiolipin... it seems to me that they have synthesized...
  3. Methyl90

Therapeutic Benefits of Direct Application of Vitamin C (C-Paste)

I'm not familiar with sesame oil but if it is rich in PUFA I would avoid it. Use vitamin E, coconut oil, pure MCT oil, Evo oil. As for melatonin, I had used the oral form in the past but being a final product of the metabolism of other upstream metabolites always created further imbalances...
  4. Methyl90

Catalytic Antibodies May Contribute to Demyelination in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Is there a difference between using a butyrate-based solution intra rectally (enema) compared to the classic oral route?
  5. Methyl90

Active B12 Protocol Basics

Does molybdenum help the SUOX gene? breaks down brain histamine?
  6. Methyl90

Copper hair color

Bump
  7. Methyl90

Hydrogen Rich Water for ME/CFS - Friedberg Pilot Study

I noticed strong dehydration when I left the molecular hydrogen (water), drastic drop in potassium, sodium, chlorides...flat muscles and other unpleasant symptoms that I did not feel during short and experimental use...(two days a week by reacting 10g of pure magnesium without any acid in 2...
  8. Methyl90

Ongoing research: Identifying viruses in tissue and nerve samples from ME/CFS patients

I like it when I have the possibility of passing a wooden stick throughout the spine but I focus a lot on the thoracic part in each vertebral space... I think and hope it can be useful but I have never noticed obvious improvements, either in the short term or in the long term period... probably...
  9. Methyl90

Catalytic Antibodies May Contribute to Demyelination in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Hi, sorry to intrude but I think the overall picture of MS-related symptoms is much broader and more invasive. Weakness and muscle spasms can also just be symptoms of low levels of minerals such as sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium... the first ones that come to mind and just as many...
  10. Methyl90

Freddd Today

What changes would Fred Davis make today? I was wondering today what changes Fred (@Freddd ) would make in his healing research protocol? A curiosity of mine but which could lead to a revisiting of his exhausting work schedule. Thank you
  11. Methyl90

MRI: White Matter Lesions?!

I don't have the results of the MRI at hand, in my case the signals are much closer to ALS as there are evident bone asymmetries already observed in cases of affected motor neurons...
  12. Methyl90

MRI: White Matter Lesions?!

I also have these demyelinated areas and the symptoms vary from those related to leukodystrophy to ALS. I'm waiting to repeat the MRI and do the muscle biopsy. Prevalent cachexia, hypotonia, edema, bone demineralization / arthritis, very intrusive neuropsychiatric disorders.
  13. Methyl90

Glutathione causing anxiety/irritability

I also had to stop NAC. Anger and unjustifiable episodes of delirium obtained after a few days 🙄😭
  14. Methyl90

Bing (ChatGPT) Getting Worse

Other people have this limitation ?
  15. Methyl90

PL3K/ AKT/ GSK3B Patway

Bump
  16. Methyl90

Copper hair color

Bump
  17. Methyl90

Bing (ChatGPT) Getting Worse

Will there be a future function in which it will be possible to attach diagnostic tests and have an "opinion"?
  18. Methyl90

In reality I have been experimenting with them for a long time with the due limitations due to my inexperience but I must say that the fat-soluble ones like D and E help me if applied with a good carrier such as coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil . DMSO is milder but definitely more potent...
  19. Methyl90

Atlas Profilax treatment

Tongue posture First 👍
  20. Methyl90

Could creating a spray solution work? water and sodium ascorbate...would DMSO or an oil like coconut enhance absorption?
  21. Methyl90

Anyone aware of bradypnea (slow breathing rate) or CO2 issue?

@pattismith Sometimes I can't feel my breath, it's as if I have to think about the breathing act. The general state is of hypoventilation. Saturation and blood pressure are normal. B12 and extra methylfolate didn't help like they used to, potassium and magnesium didn't either. What is going...
  22. Methyl90

Postural Muscle Tone depends on Norepinephrine

@Violeta Very kind of you, thanks. I had memories that royal jelly could inhibit xanthine oxidase so something related to circadian rhythms and uric acid.
  23. Methyl90

Postural Muscle Tone depends on Norepinephrine

What would be the correlation between royal jelly and BH4? I'm asking because I've been trying pollen for a few days with slight benefits.
  24. Methyl90

Scoliosis, autonomic dysfunction and oxidative stress

Someone pointed out silicon and I particularly agree with its interaction with calcium and vitamin D. We must also admit that if there are skeletal asymmetries, these will be irreversible, very often linked to degenerative and demyelinating processes. Slowing down the progression is key. I...
  25. Methyl90

You have to consider oral absorption for methylfolate which is very poor, if you have the option try sublingual / sublabial as for B12. On 5mg of tablet even if it is held for 2 hours the absorption will not even be 1mg.
  26. Methyl90

Gravity , IBS and chronic fatigue.

You can seek out a chiropractor who does joint/spinal decompression and see if that helps. I also wanted to ask if you had any small benefits from oral methylene blue (25/50mcg)...it would be a sign that the mitochondria have a defect between fusion and fission.
  27. Methyl90

Question addressed to all, if there is a correlation. Are the appearance of vertical cuts in the lips (not in the creases) signs of healing or a warning of an imminent methyl trap or partial ? have you ever noticed? Thank you
  28. Methyl90

Copper hair color

Other opinions on auburn hair?
  29. Methyl90

chatgpt for supporting cfs research and as tool to assist the sickend?

I succeeded thanks, unfortunately but now it asks me for an American phone number to verify the number and identity.