• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

Dr. Pompa

So I ended up working with Dr Pompa, I wanted to leave this here in case anyone searches for info in the future. I didn’t find any reviews prior to working with him so I hope this helps someone. Like I said above I partially did his protocol and it helped. I got about 70-80% better and was able...
  2. L

PEM and Irritability?

Hello! Does anyone else experience an increase in irritability when they have overexerted themselves? I've been trying to "pace" myself more lately and I've been using my irritability almost like a barometer so I know when I've reached my limit. My CFS was gradual so for the longest time I...
  3. L

Petition to have Afflicted removed from Netflix

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! I had no idea it was portrayed in that way since I haven't watched it. I signed the petition.
  4. L

Is it possible to crash for months or is this an indication that I am losing function permanently?

I recently experienced a bad crash at the beginning of September (from 80% to 30%.) I've felt about 10% better these past few weeks. I know this is so annoying to hear, but it takes time to get back to your baseline. Pacing has helped me. As well as intermittent fasting and trying to get quality...
  5. L

Comment by 'lauren108' in 'New ME Memoir Available'

Amazing! Looking forward to reading this. I'm glad you're getting your story out there. It helps all of us.
  6. L

Dr. Pompa

Hey did you ever go see him? I'm thinking of seeing him. I did his True Cellular Detox protocol and it helped significantly but my doctor doesn't have too much experience with it. I was the first patient she has tried it on, so I wanted to go to him directly to get to 100%. Compared to the...