• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

CBS / Ammonia / Glutathione

@Methyl Head @dannybex and others, I now have evidence that the hyperammonemia may not be caused by 10x up-regulation of CBS (discrediting Yasko). Most probably it's being caused by Mitochondrial defects (genetic or acquired as Mitos are very dynamic) systemic or liver-specific. In liver, mitos...
  2. D

SOD2 A16V homozygous mutation - anyone else?

CBS is the "unlucky" mutation as it forces us to avoid lots of sulfur-containing potent compounds.
  3. D

Thanks @Methyl Head Trying this version from LifeEx, along with Curcumin LongVida as curcumin being methyl donor can create problems. But overall I'm feeling calm and relaxed. MgLT is something that is based upon thorough research. Next going to try PharmaGABA (along with Mg / B6 / Zn to...
  4. D

@Methyl Head Is this combination (and dosages) of B-vits/mg/serine(BHMT&NR3C1) OK to start supporting CBS and related pathways ?
  5. D

Just like me, you've got CBS 699T (hetero) and BHMT (hetero; all of them). This effectively constitutes a strong up-regulation of CBS. You've also got NOS3 mutations (homozygous; mine is hetero). This is not a good combination. You have a few COMT, the particularly problematic COMT V158M is...
  6. D

@Methyl Head, do you reckon Magnesium L-Threonate (as opposed to citrate) can help me especially with my MAO/COMT status. Even though curcumin is a potent anti-inflammatory and suggested in various other Liver phased detox process, I'm scared to use it because it's a methyl donor. If I take...
  7. D

@Methyl Head, diet wise what should be our macro split (esp. protein source) when we don't handle sulfur stuff well ?Although I've read sulfur from animal protein (Methionine) is metabolised differently than sulfur from veggies such as Brocolli which is much more damaging for CBS+ folks. Do you...
  8. D

Thanks @Methyl Head. NOS3 mutation really aggravates CBS up-regulations. So you reckon, L-Ornithine would be fine with CBS/NOS3 ? BTW, I'm a bit hypertensive given SNPs around potassium deficiency / ACE (rs4343) / MAO-A (**) / COMT (**) as discussed earlier. What's your dosage of L-Ornithine ?
  9. D

Hetero on ACE (rs4343), MAO-A (**) / COMT (**). So Na/K balance is always screwed up !
  10. D

This is superb @Methyl Head. My 200$/session integrative-GP didn't explain to such a depth. Fantastic. Since then, reading more and more MB books and posts from experts like yourself. Can I send a "thank you" via crypto ?
  11. D

My First post to this amazing community. Thanks for opportunity to post here. Here is the mutation summary from 23&Me. (**) are homozygous ones. DAO / HNMT - Histamine / Allergy / Leaky Gut FUT2 - Reduced intestinal microbiota CETP / USF1 / LDL-R Asn464 (rs688) / APOE IVS1+69 - Higher...