• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

Non-diabetic Hypoglycemia, Brain Fog, Any cures?

I have been dealing with chronic brain fog and disorientation for the last few years, which after trying many many things I have had no success in resolving. Initially I'd been focused on the gut ,but now I suspect maybe blood sugar is a more likely issue. Specifically hypoglycemia. I have...
  2. C

Continual Brain Fog post Probiotics

Once again, your post is full of extrapolated points and false assumptions. Sharing ideas is one thing, people speaking with total conviction on topics they evidently aren't educated on is idiocy - and dangerous. You're far too sure about things you can't be sure about. You aren't debating...
  3. C

So you're taking a documented effect in a few select scenarios and extrapolating that out onto everything else? There are very select examples where the rule applies, that does not extrapolate out to everything infection or gut related. Where did anyone talk about probiotics causing disease? So...
  4. C

That's a dangerous rhetoric, normally ushered by self-diagnosing hypochondriacs. 'Die off'. I believe there is very little medical literature supporting 'die off', or medically known as a 'herxheimer reaction' outside of fungal infection i.e. Candida. Having said that, the internet is full of...
  5. C

Just to play devils advocate, have you not contradicted yourself there? (Difficult to starve bacteria, but going to try an elemental diet, which afaik is purely an attempt to remove all food source from bacteria?) Personally I do not subscribe to the 'starving' approach either. Too many fodmaps...
  6. C

I've heard of the Thiamine idea, I've taken it at times, probably not consistently enough (wasn't sure if the effect was supposed to be fairly acute.) Certainly haven't noticed anything when I have taken it. I've seen D-Lactate free probiotics mentioned. I think there's two things that have...
  7. C

Yeah, I spent the last 8 weeks working on that, no avail. Leaky gut diet (AIP style). Glutamine, Colostrum, Collagen, Butyrate, Turmeric, Resveratrol, Liquourice DGL, Mashmallow Root, Slippery Elm, NAG, S. Boulardii etc.. I was super consistent with it. No bueno. I feel like it's made a...
  8. C

To add to the picture (sorry, i'm enjoying talking about this now and it's fun to flesh out ideas with other people have an interest in these things - as I can assure you my friends and family don't lol!) The first set of symptoms I experienced post-probiotic use were the ones that seem to be...
  9. C

Something I think I might try, is using Yakult. Based on: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3723183/ Now of course I have 0 confirmation in my case that D-Lactate is an issue, so it's all spectulative. All I know is that it seems that after using Probiotics containing multiple...
  10. C

No, I flatlined the test. This is very different to a negative test. I took a 3-hour lactulose breath test, in which a normal result presents with a spike in hydrogen gases at the time in which the solution releases the large intestine. When there is no spike seen, i.e. no increase in gases...
  11. C

No sorry, I didn't. It isn't available in the UK as far as I know at the moment. I had continual development of severe fatigue and other symptoms with a high sulfur diet, which is what lead me to believe H2S might be the cause (after much trial and error working out what the triggers were.) So...
  12. C

One was Renew Life's Critical Care 50 Billion, the other was in Australia, can't remember the product but a very similar product with a few more strains. Well, I guess what I'm saying is, the use of a probiotic seemed to induce a detrimental effect in my gut that isn't reverse in the...
  13. C

Would a course of amoxicillin be worth a try? There was a study (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6006167/ ) in which they indentified a link between probiotics and brain fog onset, in which amoxicillin was used in some patients.. It was also recommended to me to try by somebody...
  14. C

Summary: Took probiotics for the first time ever in 2016, had a very sudden onset of brain fog and disorientation. Stupidly took probiotics MANY times for the years that followed. Evidently have issues with SIBO. H2S seemingly (flatlined 2 breath tests, high sulfur diet = EXTREME fatigue, low...
  15. C

For anyone who has previously done an Enema.. Question about Enema sensation.

Interestingly when I tried the Enema this morning using a saline solution, I didn't get anywhere near the same urgency. In fact, I held it for 20 minutes and it was pretty easy. (Felt similar to the sensation of doing the salt flush, which for me oddly doesn't produce a hugely urgent sensation.)...
  16. C

Okay, so saline solution and going slower with it sounds like the plan for tomorrow. I released the original 950ml in one go with a wide open valve lol! It probably only took 30 seconds for the entire volume to go in! So although I do want to create a somewhat urgent need to release, maybe this...
  17. C

Good shout.. Could I use regular sea salt? I was thinking maybe 15g of Sea Salt dissolved in water, similar to the mixture used for a 'salt flush' - would that be okay?
  18. C

Well, the kit arrived today.. so I had a go. I went for 900ml of plain water (spring water), warmed up to 40 degrees celcius so it was around body temperature.. Managed to hold it for 5 minutes, and couldn't possibly any longer.. Attempted a second attempt, with a mere 450-500ml at the same...
  19. C

Haha! Okay, I have ordered a kit. Fingers crossed lol!
  20. C

I would honestly say if its vagus nerve issue, jts likely prolonged stress. I've looked into the other techniques, what interest me about the enema is its a bottom up stimulation, vs top down eg gargling water. Would it actually be possible to hold an enema for 30+ minutes? Or is so intense...
  21. C

Long story short, dealing with H2S SIBO, have been for a number of years. Also seem to have symptoms that may be occuring due to LPS leaking into blood stream. Tried Rifaxmin, no effect. Have tried all kinds of diets etc, can offset H2S symptoms with low sulfur/cystein/sulfite diet, but still...
  22. C

How to source Prucalopride in UK?

I am dealing with H2S SIBO, confirmed my symptoms, dietary response and 2 flatline breath tests. I was given a trial of Metoclomapride by my gastro, which really helped surprisingly in a short time, but symptoms reoccured after ceasing an I understand metoclomapride is not particuarly safe for...
  23. C

SIBO - How to clear small intestine/fix motility?

Wow that's a lot of information, haha. I've had a quick look over and a lot of it is similar stuff I've come across in my own searches. One thing that caught my attention though was: "Cyclic lavages of the small bowel (e.g. by polyethylene glycol) can be considered as supportive therapy in...
  24. C

I've tried S. Boulardii, no adverse reaction, no apparent benefit as far as I can tell. Not tried bacillus, had read some horror stories about bacillus and after my experience with others am pretty reluctant to try. At this stage i'm so confident it's a case of getting the small intestine MMC...
  25. C

From what i'm reading, this would be more aimed at lower colon motiltiy rather than small intestinal? I'm looking for a way to stimulate the movement/MMC in the small intestine specifically. As I don't have any issues actually going to the toilet, so I don't need the large colon to move and quicker.
  26. C

It's something I've tried in the past but not lately, I will try and incorporate it back in though, as it can only help.
  27. C

Background: growing up always had a bit of an off gut, loose stools, bloating etc. Also had terrible seasonal allergies and some urticarcia. Also mood issues, irritability/anxiety. October 2016 - Took high dose probiotics (Bifido/Lacto mix) for the first time to see if it improved gut and other...
  28. C

Anyone tried E.Coli/Escherichia Probiotic?

Had you ever had a negative experiene with probiotics? That's one of my biggest apprehensions. Because I seem to possibly be reacting badly to lactobacillus strains, I don't want to have a negative reaction to the symbioflor. It seems very hard to find much at all about E.Coli. Experiences etc...
  29. C

Anyone tried E.Coli/Escherichia Probiotic?

Following on from my previous topics, I have been having a lot of issues over the last few years with brain fog, feeling disorientated/spaced out, anhedonia, mood issues, itchy skin and urticarcia, and just general feelings of malaise which are having a big impact on my quality of life. I...