• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. katurian

Prayer to Saint Jude

God, please help Allyann with her pain. Bless her with the strength, perseverance, and grace that comes from suffering. Please give her relief, and envelop her in your light and love. Thank you God.
  2. katurian

How to fix D-lactic acidosis?

I do know what's at the bottom of it. Thank you for the information, but I really know my own situation and my body, and it's too exhausting to have to justify my understandings and actions to others. It's helpful if people just take my word for it or ask questions about my history and symptoms...
  3. katurian

Thank you. Do you remember which probiotics you rotated?
  4. katurian

I'd just like info on how to fix d-lactic acidosis and bacterial overgrowth.
  5. katurian

I do need to eat more for sure, and I wish I could, but not even things like smoothies or coffee are tolerable. I do take a quercetin supplement, which is one of the strongest mast cell inhibitors, but it's contraindicated in people with CYP450 mutations, so I may not be doing myself any favours...
  6. katurian

I've not seen a CFS doctor, no. I technically do not have an official diagnosis of CFS. (I do have diagnoses of POTS, EDS, MCAS, fatty liver, colitis, etc etc, as well as SNPs, potential Lyme, and a lot of damage from a lifetime of medication.) I've given up on doctors. They have no idea at all...
  7. katurian

They simply make me feel unbearably awful. It's hard to explain beyond that. I have bad med-induced akathisia and dyskinesia and most foods and supplements have an excitatory effect on my neurotransmitters and send those conditions into overdrive. Well... the hopeful feeling was nice while it...
  8. katurian

Low Neutrophils and High Lymphocytes in CSF- Pondering it what it might mean?

I have this too. I'm also curious about what it means.
  9. katurian

Do you know if this is safe for an immune suppressed person on a high dose of steroid to take?
  10. katurian

I've heard of drinking baking soda mixed with water. Is that less effective than adding vinegar? Does the sodium acetate function essentially as an antibiotic? I don't think I can tolerate vinegar and I definitely can't do coconut oil, but I am eating carrots, so I'm glad to hear that they have...
  11. katurian

I've been on a D-lactic acid producing probiotic for a little over a year now and am 99.9% sure it's increased my problems. I have always had difficulty with food, but I can now only eat buckwheat, salmon, and cooked carrot and squash, and even those are difficult to tolerate. I have other...
  12. katurian

Low-dose SSRI to reduce neuronal apoptosis in the stress pathways and amygdala

This seems like a bad idea to me, especially because the premise is that an SSRI would be neuroprotective when in reality they can and do cause damage to the brain. Also, depending on how sensitive you are to medication, not even a low dose can be stopped and started without sending your body...