• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

Fellow Canadians? I need your help....

Hi, I live in Ottawa. Dr. Armstrong in Ottawa could help but I think she has a long waiting list too. Dr. Molot ( works in both Ottawa and Toronto) might be another and I don't think he has that long of a waiting list. They are both technically environmental docs but both are quite...
  2. R

Speciality Labs in USA

ok sushi - sorry - thought u meant unvex - ya will call the lab tomorrow thought i read somewhere Vip turned into unvex well said ema !! barb, of course cytokine tests are valid, not as clear cut as say tests that show one's CD4 cells are almost AIDS like , like mine at 378 ( range...
  3. R

Speciality Labs in USA

hi daffodil thanks for the reply not sure if unvex still does cytokine or not, I got the impression from sushi they are gone for good. guess I will try and call them tomorrow and find out ya enlander should know, I just like to be prepared and get costs before hand so I can be ready with...
  4. R

Speciality Labs in USA

ok so sushi told me off line unevx is no longer. the one page on their website has their cytokine tests ( th-1/th2 profile and an inflammatory profile ) both profiles test for around 10 cytokines and is $400 or was back then so much cheaper than testing individually as Quest is around $220...
  5. R

Speciality Labs in USA

Other than mainstream ( quest, labcorp, ect) what is there in usa like say redlabs in belgium that does more in depth immune testing ie. what labs does KDM use when patients see him in Nevada? im not talking about genova ( although that does have some good tests) but labs more specific for...
  6. R

Dr. Enlander Testing - a few questions

Thanks Nielk for your thoughts and suggestions appreciate the post. agree about taking just tests that if abnormal there is some treatment but even that is not that straight forward ie. if get some immune testing that shows weak, not like there is some precise treatment for it ... quite...
  7. R

Thanks Duncan for your thoughts and suggestions - appreciated. While I would like to have tests run again I can't as I don't have the money. I have around $1000 - $1500 allocated for testing and this will be for more in depth testing ( immune and some infectious). I already know ( well 90%)...
  8. R

Hi ukxmrv Thanks for your reply. Every little bit of help counts. Can I ask more detail on that Th2/Th1 test? I have read the way to measure that is by cytokines or is there an actual test that can directly assess TH1/TH2? Of the tests you had, were any abnormal or low normal? So he...
  9. R

so there are no dr. enlander patients here that can share their experiences with my questions above mainly regarding testing?
  10. R

Chills with low body temperature?

I get chills really bad from time to time, usually when I am in a Fibro flare, so likely immune related
  11. R

5-htp and nerve related pain

I react to 5htp and it has too short a half life for me L- tryptophan though converts to 5htp and that did help my pain some anything that can raise serotonin will usually help lessen pain more so for those with FM as serotonin has been found in some studies to be high in those with me/cfs
  12. R

What's your CD4/CD8 ratio?

cd4/cd8 = 1.92 for me - normal cd4 total = 379 ( 628 - 1698) cd8 = 197 ( 258-797) yes my immune system is weak
  13. R

Tramadol vs LDN, and long-term side effects of Tramadol

LDN is definitely the better option long term in my opinion. and yes, some studies showed LDN increased CD4 t cells in those with HIV so yes it can increase immunity
  14. R

Selenium effect on glutathione and thyroid, T3

I tried T4 ( synthroid) and helped some symptoms (muscle pain, mood and energy) for 1-2 mths, then stopped working. when tried again, i got hyper and get ADD. I tried armor (t4 and t3) and makes me hyper too and ADD. have not tried just T3 but i dont think i would do well with it based on...
  15. R

Selenium effect on glutathione and thyroid, T3

I think it is more plausible that it is the thyroid effect (increased T3) , not the immune system if you feel a kick a few hours after. I notice the same with me, I am borderline hypoT and have borderline thyroid antibodies ( swing from hypo to hyper) and when I take selenium, it can even get...
  16. R

and yes Martial, I will use Igenex. is that better than infectolab in Germany? also, I have read to take antibiotics a few days before test so bacteria and or parasite will have better chance of being detected or something along those lines - if so, anyone know the exact regiment to use...
  17. R

Thanks Martial. yes I agree about many infectious tests being negative due to weak immunity rather than not actually being infected. . I said I had Lyme test done but I have not but , well had the Canadian test but Im sure that is not reliable. anyway, odds are low I have Lyme it but I...
  18. R

anyone seen or seeing Dr. Enlander?

Hi - I posted this on General discussion but I thought could be useful here as well as this thread is about Dr. Enlander and looks like some here are his patients. . I used to post a lot on Prohealth ( 2007-2010) and a few posts on here ( last one in 2011 re: growth hormone) but I have been in...
  19. R

there was not a space to separate the tests I have already done and those I have not so I am reposting those that I have not and most of these I will likely do Tests I have not had done that he suggest are: storgage special IL2, IL6, IL10 E. Chaffenensis ab CEA lyme carnitine HSV 1 and 2 ab...
  20. R

Hi I used to post a lot on Prohealth ( 2007-2010) and a few posts on here ( last one in 2011 re: growth hormone) but I have been in really bad shape the last few years. . I live in Ottawa Canada and I will be seeing Dr. Enlander in 3 weeks as I want to get more detailed testing (mainly immune...
  21. R

Does anyone consider LDN to be a cure??

ldn - heapsreal have used ldn for maybe 3-4 days a time /mth for last 4 mths so not a lot but my wbc has improved and i have not been taking much else over same time period. my wbc was always low at 3.7 (4-12) and more so my lymphocytes at 0.9 (1-4). I was shocked when a few weeks ago my wbc...
  22. R

growth hormone - peptides

heh nielk, ya the old famous searching back in our medical records, how often do us fmers and me/cfsers do that heh. so 118 heh. ya the range is pretty important as while mine was 138 you cant really compare mine with yours (ie. different labs). according to my lab my result is that of...
  23. R

thx garcia, perhaps you were not deficient in either GH or IGF-1 and that is why it didnt help. also, i am not sure why you cant reveal the source of where you bought your GH peptides to help me out here , that said it is your decision obviously and I will respect it. cheers roge
  24. R

heapsreal, yup, i hear ya about using sleep meds intermittently to avoid tolerance. interesting my dhea is low too based on blood but i cant seem to tolerate dhea either. i feel better in last half of day (less hypoglycemia ie.) so this might correlate with my low cort in first half and then...
  25. R

forgot to mention in 2004 i took tequin (quinalone antibiotic) which i later found out can cause tendon damage (rupture and tendonitis) in some people. so of course i wonder if it was the med or is it the disease of FM and or me/cfs and in turn low igf-1 causing weak tendons and muscles that...
  26. R

growth hormone peptides nielk, thx for the be well wishes and ya i will try and update you all if and when i take GH peptides, might not be for a few mths. thx heapsreal, good to know you dont find baclofen habit forming, may i ask how long you have been on it when you have come off and...
  27. R

oh and yes im aware of mestinon too, that is what dr. bennett gave to the FM ladies in a study who couldnt mount a GH response when they exercised intensely. the mestinon supposedly lowers somastatin (hypothalmus hormone that blocks GH release) and I have actually read bodybuilders use this in...
  28. R

thanks guys. ya im aware of both xyrem and baclofen increasing slow wave sleep and in turn GH but i would prefer first to try GH peptides even if they are more expensive than baclofen. I believe baclofen you can take as needed but i would like to take something regularly to try and increase...
  29. R

heh nielk, have you ever gotten your IGF-1 tested, a very good proxy for GH. my sleep study didnt show alpha intrusion back in 2003 but it showed 0% slow wave sleep (deep sleep) and yes 80% of GH is released in slow wave sleep. it is IGF-1 that does most of the work in repairing the body...
  30. R

thx neilk a few points though, first, i am not trying GH for anti aging where people in their 60's say want to bring their IGF-1 back up to the levels of a 30 year old. I actually have the IGF-1 levels of a man twice my age (yes late 70's), no wonder my tendons and muscles feel like they...