• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

Not getting a pay rise due to ME/CFS struggles

Yes, I am in the UK. Nothing about a pay rise is in any of our contracts, but it was mentioned to us from the start what our pay rises would be. They have been awarded to everyone else on the scheme except me.
  2. H

@boombachi Yes, my employer is aware of my health. Also, I forgot to mention that it is not in my contract that the pay rise is linked to exams. I have a generic email from when I started stating that the rise is in line with feedback from managers and exam passes (other people have failed their...
  3. H

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking along similar lines. I forgot to mention that I was medically advised to not re sit my exams in the year I failed them (hence why I have ended up dropping back a year). I am 21 but I fear that my condition may get worse or I may suffer another relapse and be...
  4. H

Hi all, I was wondering if you could help me. I was diagnosed with ME/CFS last year and it is fairly new to me. I am on an apprenticeship and my pay is supposed to go up every year. I was passing all of my exams and doing fine, but then I had a relapse and the brain fog was so severe that...