• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. G

My OAT results....help please

Water kefir grains and milk kefir grains are the best probiotic there is. Ebay or health food shops sell them.
  2. G

High white blood cells, hot head, cold extremities

Earthing lowers white blood cell count 20% after a few days. Dr James Oschman has a study on it, and talks on youtube about it. Other good thing for immune function is colostrum, and bone marrow.
  3. G

Free Range vs. Caged Meat Production

Oops the above video I posted was barn laid. Here are the batter cage ones https://www.aussieeggs.com/gallery/videos
  4. G

Free Range vs. Caged Meat Production

This doesnt make cage chickens look good if they are in cages i assume they feed them some synthetic chicken feed vs if they are outside they can eat their natural diet of bugs or whatever it is in the grass. So the outside diet would make the eggs more nutritional. I have been buying free...
  5. G

Colostrum Three Times More Effective than Flu Vaccine

Sorry for missing the point. If you took colostrum, and probiotic pills, and got sicker after then I would recommend you don't take them anymore. (edited by a moderator.)
  6. G

The inventor of the polio vaccine- Albert Sabin- recommended colostrum to prevent polio. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/273699739_Bovine_colostrum_An_emerging_nutraceutical Colostrum has been known for centuries for its health benefits [19]. Research has also shown that colostrum...
  7. G

Its good for gastrointestinal diseases, and healing the guts too https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5409709/ Colostrum bovinum supplementation was safe and effective in decreasing of intestinal permeability in this series of athletes at increased risk of its elevation...
  8. G

They used 20g a day in this study on it https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11312068.
  9. G

I'm in Australia, and got 500g colostrum powder from ebay for $50. If colostrum is typed in on ebay it is the first listing to come up. Try typing colostrum or colostrum powder in on ebay in your country, and see what comes up or there is this one on iherb which works out to $75 a kg...
  10. G

Colostrum Three Times More Effective than Flu Vaccine http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/colostrum-three-times-more-effective-flu-vaccine I take 20g a day. This guy has a video on it too
  11. G

Abx for 'severe' patients

Try bovine colostrum. It contains lactoferrin, immunoglobulins, and a lot of other immune proteins. It is the ultimate anti biotic and immune system supplement.
  12. G

taking glucosamine for fatigue. glyconutrients

I took it for a while then stopped for a bit now am taking shark cartilage and chicken sternum cartilage. Ordered some bovine trachea cartilage powder from China too. The essential sugars are worth a try for anyone sick. Cartilage is the highest food source of GAGs so it is great too. And New...
  13. G

Foods high in antioxidants/ORAC value list? My way to recovery

Astaxanthin is 1mg/g in prawns. Also high in Salmon, and Lobster. It is the pigment that gives them their red color.
  14. G

Foods high in antioxidants/ORAC value list? My way to recovery

I took it on, and off over the past few weeks. I think i noticed increased relaxation after taking it. Will finish off the packet for sure. Another really good herb is rhodiola. Has lots of studies for fatigue, anxiety, depression, energy, and other mood problems. I would recommend that. And...
  15. G

Eating badly gives me more energy

If I eat bone broth I feel good. If I eat white bread or white rice or white pasta I feel bad. Time to make more bone broth!
  16. G

Question for severe patients re: antibiotics

bacteria don't cause disease anyway. they are our friend. that's why i take kefir regularly and why probiotics are sold. there is no good or bad bacteria just bacteria. yes antibiotics can maim and kill because they make it into systemic circulation and brain and liver not just the intestines...
  17. G

does early bed time help anyone?

yeah it helps. nature probably intended that we sleep sun set to sun rise which is quite different than what I do atm. another thing that helps a lot is sleeping on the floor instead of a mattress. i have been doing it a few nights and will keep doing it. i notice it is more comfortable and i...
  18. G

Eating chicken feet, chicken necks, and tendons.

Nice one. Never heard of wind diet will look into it.
  19. G

Eating chicken feet, chicken necks, and tendons.

These things taste good, and are full of good organs/nutrients like bone, cartilage, ligaments, tendons, synovial fluid, nerve tissue, collagen, elastin, calcium, phosphate, glycosaminoglycans, hyaluronic acid. I cook them in the air fryer for 30 mins, and they go nice, and crunchy. I'm also...
  20. G

Lugol Iodine / High Dose Iodine Testing

When I took lugols it made me sick but I can handle sea weed just fine.
  21. G

Inositol deficiency, a literal footnote (for a foot crack!)

When I took inositol supplement it gave me bad diahrea but i can handle sesame seeds just fine.
  22. G

Definitely do not take a arginine supplement then. Better do blood/urine amino acids, and whole genome sequencing to find out if you have a one of a kind super rare arginine genetic disease too.
  23. G

People have been eating see weed for 1000s of years. it is a big part of japanese culture. there are more side effects with isolated supplements which is why they are regulated by the fda. for instance, i get nausea when i drink creatine monohydrate. if i take prawns, which have high levels of...
  24. G

Ok so nascent iodine claims to be mono atomic iodine instead of di atomic iodine like in lugols. Monoatomic iodine is in sea weed bound to the proteins it is a co factor for. Lugols would break down in the guts anyway into mono atomic iodine. And if someoneis a butcher or works at a abbatoir or...
  25. G

Arginine is in every cell in the body, and makes nitric oxide. Every single food with even 1mg of protein in it has arginine in it. It is classified as semi essential somewhere between non essential, and essential. Lithium is in nuts, seeds, liver, oysters, sea weed, yeast, rice bran. D chiro...
  26. G

Dried kombu has up to 680mg- 680,000 mcg per 100g. That is 251 drops of the iodine you are talking about. Maybe a whole bottle. For higher dosages, iodine drops just isn't going to cut it for therapy https://www.foodstandards.gov.au/science/surveillance/documents/Iodine%20in%20Seaweed.pdf...
  27. G

Sea weed is loaded with iodine, and it may be organic- bonded to something with carbon in it like a protein so is better absorbed, and utilized by the body. Lugols is inorganic so not as well absorbed, or utilized. There is a lot of lack of understanding, and misinformation about heavy metals...
  28. G

Better off eating sea weed which contains high levels of iodine + all the other good things in it. I eat dried wakame from ebay.
  29. G

D chiro is just one of 9 or so forms of inositol. Sesame seeds, and carob are 5% inositol, 1% d chiro inositol. So 10g provides 500mg myo inositol, 100mg d chiro inositol. i think it is the prunus family of foods that have high inositol contents too.
  30. G

Benefits of eating pig skin

So it looks like there is about 12g collagen per 100g wet pig skin / pork cracklings. Pig skin is 70% moisture, 30% of the dry weight is fat, and the collagen content of dry fat free skin is 60% =around 12g per 100g. In the dry pig skin treats, assuming it is only the skin, and not skin+muscle...