• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. N

Stool Test Results - CSA and GI-MAP

Very interesting. Most of the articles I've read say Metronidazole has been the default drug to treat it but that it's not actually effective and can make things worse. http://www.badbugs.org talks a lot about that. Glad to hear it worked for your daughter, though! I too have read that natural...
  2. N

Best Biofilm Busters?

Bumping this thread - I have some bacterial/parasitic infections that I want to treat, and I want to make sure my anti-microbials I'm taking are most effective by first working to eradicate any biofilm. I read through the thread and I'm still uncertain as to what a good supplement would be to...
  3. N

I wasn't using any herbs when I took the test, just probiotics (broad spectrum + s. boulardii) and digestive enzymes/Betaine HCL. In the past I had used anti-microbials like GI Microb-X, Biocidin, Berberine etc which seem to help my symptoms. Since receiving the lab results, I've started using...
  4. N

Anyone have any additional suggestions based on my results or have dealt with H. pylori/B. hominis/the other parasites I tested positive for? I started taking mastic gum, monolaurin, and manuka honey for the H. pylori. Not sure what to do for the other stuff. Also read conflicting things about...
  5. N

I've used S. boulardii before with good results. Will have to check out Bacillus Clausii next! Thanks for the tip. I've attached my stool results, thanks for any additional help you can provide.
  6. N

I've been struggling with fatigue and digestion issues for year. By digestion issues I mean bloating, smelly farts/stool, undigested food in stool, sugar cravings etc. Probiotics help a ton, but even still sometimes it seems like they don't "stick" and my symptoms return. I had the Doctor's...