• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

High dose of vitamin C, any experience?

hi guys. just a sharing. i have been taking vitamin c supplements for a week. can't really tell if there is any difference. still feel the normal tiredness at times :( will take for a month or so and update if there is a positive change! =)
  2. D

Eating easy to digest food!

same for me when I do not get enough protein. I eat eggs, butters and milk and cheese and the occasional yogurt to get my protein. not for everyone, but I feel a bit more fatigue with meat. fish seems okay for me.
  3. D

Caffeine effect?

i tried some coffee now and then to test if i get less fatigue from
  4. D

Eating easy to digest food!

sorry for digging out an old thread. I am currently having problems eating too so did a good search and read many old threads. I am curious to try out your suggestions I am already reducing my meat intake, only eating proteins from eggs and milk currently. will really try out 4 and 5 and update...
  5. D

yes julia, pls share your experience. I have been googling and found some good benefit reviews of vitamin c however, general advice, not really reviews for CFS pple. will love to hear from you =)
  6. D

Ibuprofen reduces my fatigue significantly

surprised to hear that. i was trying to avoid ibuprofen for my kids but now that u mention this, maybe i ought to try this for myself.
  7. D

Do you ever think about your financial future?

of course. i think of two things when i spend 1) should i not spend so to have more money in the future for my medical bills and retirement? 2) should i spend because i may not have time in the future? tough choice :(
  8. D

My recovery story

wow thank you ian for your kind sharing. i love real stories like that. sometimes doctors have cold bed manners and do not realised we are individuals, each with unique experience and not just their textbook cases. i learnt something reading about your case today and i really hope i can draw...
  9. D

Sleep Deprivation and CFS

i am with u. the less sleep i have, the more severe are my symptoms
  10. D

Alkaline Diet and Alkaline Water

same here. i bought an expensive alkaline water machine for my previous home. to be frank, i couldn't feel any positive effects, in fact i feel worse during that period, which is probably not caused by the alkaline water. it was a stressful career moment in my life
  11. D

Alkaline Diet and Alkaline Water

lots of regular exercise on those feet and back! i know being on your feet for too long is really bad for health :(
  12. D

hows your reviews on vitamin C for your body? I am thinking of adding vitamin c for my diet too. but sometime i worry they do a too simplistic case study reviews of the benefits and side effects. i really appreciate the real life sharing here