• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Comment by 'markii' in 'Probably not cfs , or just very mild.'

Thanks for comments. I did have a 3-4 month period where alcohol consumption stopped. I'm a drinker and this is first time I straight up stopped for that long. Drinking made me feel horrible. I also remember physical activity being much harder. I remember one time my body being totally...
  2. M

Comment by 'markii' in 'Probably not cfs , or just very mild.'

Thanks! I really appreciate your comments to my blogs and am thankful for the improvement.
  3. M

Probably not cfs , or just very mild.

It's been 8.5 -9.5 months since I first had issues. I've been holding steady the past 4-5 months. I'd say my main concerns were: 1: HR issues / still on beta blocker - minimal amount / 17.5mg metropolol ( 270 pound guy) but can't quite get off of metropolol as I'd not feel well / HR would...
  4. M

Comment by 'markii' in '5 months doing better?'

I've had some basic blood work including something for thyroid, I think everything I have had done has come back normal. I think overall fighting higher heart rate
  5. M

ALS Fears

I've feared a great many health related things at one point, ALS being one during a stretch of time. ALS is extremely rare especially if you are younger. What helped me was reading on a website that mentioned ALS is not about difficulty or weakness doing things, but certain things being just...
  6. M

It is a fair bit bigger than the others - I do have further options if I want to take them, but usually time ( and not growing any more) is all it takes to put my mind at ease. It's already been about 4 weeks since I noticed so I am worrying less and less.
  7. M

Strangely enough I woke up this morning with a sore throat / swollen uvula. Haven't been sick in a while My daughter was sick with what seemed like a cold. Bit worried the last few days I have been feeling better because I am starting to get sick ( I've read about that). Anwya
  8. M

5 months doing better?

Ways I am doing better: Body aches less overall. I have some really good days where I don't notice much. Contrast that to where it felt driving to work was hard because my leg would ache from keeping it on the accelerator. HR better overall. I try to take 1/4 ( 12.5 mg) metropolol a day...
  9. M

Comment by 'markii' in '3 1/2 months in.'

Thanks I appreciate it!
  10. M

markii

11. M

3 1/2 months in.

Still progressing through Dr appointments. Some more tests from primary Dr being done, but a referral to Rheumatologist is likely coming. I am here at PR because a few key symptoms : exercise intolerance ( plus simple things seem hard, steps), regular muscle aches from minimal activity, hr...
  12. M

Heart Rate Monitoring and Pots / Dysautonomia questions

I just wanted to follow up and say that metropolol does an amazing job of lowering HR. I was taking 25mg and I'm easily 30 bpm standing ( walking into work I'd hit 130-140, now not over 100). I haven't been paying much attention to the low end or blood pressure, I might try to knock it...
  13. M

Thanks for the information above. I did have my stress test today. Just going there and getting hooked was amazingly stressful - I was easily hitting 150+ just laying there on the side getting the echo of my heart. I was on the treadmill for 10 1/2 minutes starting slow and not that steep...
  14. M

I have not been doing much measuring blood pressure recently, when taking standing I don't ever recall it dropping, it would usually rise. When I felt a bit worse standing, I would have readings that would be unusually narrow. I think at my first Dr appointment it I was 134/108 - and my...
  15. M

I'm pretty new here, no diagnosis - not really sure if it is CFS or not but lot of symptoms seem to match. Been to my Dr, cardiologist, and have a stress test at the end of the month. I've been having symptoms for 3+ months. Overall still pretty functional ( can see my intro post for more...