• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. W

Double vision

I have developed double vision after driving. It has happened twice now, firstly in July 2021 and then again in December 2021. In between these 2 episodes I didn’t do much driving. I have a motorhome (RV) which I potter around Au in, usually driving about 2 hours a day. On both occasions the...
  2. W

best dog breed for a CFS patient

I just love Ebony, my cavoodle, who lives with me in Sydney. A “cavoodle” is a poodle x Cavalier King Charles spaniel cross. She happily lies on my bed beside me or snuggles up onto my legs when I’m sitting up. She has a yard outside to run around in and only gets to go for a walk once or twice...
  3. W

Me/cfs doctors in Sydney, Australia

I have been seeing Dr Mark Donohoe for 12 months and would recommend him. He is a very pleasant and caring doctor. He does lots of tests and found a number of new problems I wasn’t aware of ... some of which he was able to treat satisfactorily. I found him to be very thorough and knowledgeable...
  4. W

SOD2 mutation & persistent copper issues

Ive been taking SOD Power for the last twelve months for my double SOD mutation ..... https://au.iherb.com/pr/Source-Naturals-SOD-Power-250-mg-60-Tablets/3350 Have improved a little since taking it. Not sure if it is the SOD supplementation Can’t help with the zinc/copper problem ...sorry.
  5. W

Drinking baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) may treat autoimmune disease

@Hip, thanks for this great information. In the articles which summarise the J. Immunology article, it says .. “That anti-inflammatory shift was sustained for at least four hours in humans and three days in rats.” (Punch). This would seem to indicate that a dose of sodium bicarb should be...
  6. W

Comment by 'WendyM' in 'CFS has no Lactobacillus, Bifidobacterium or E.Coli -- How does this impact the body?'

What an excellent and informative post. Thank you Lassesen. I had no idea of the impact of low gut microbes.
  7. W

Would someone mind helping methylation and detox SNP analysis

Hello Nicole, I have CFS and also live in Australia. I would really like to have contact with you ..... could you email me to wendy.murray18@gmail.com. .. and let me know where you are and how I could get in touch with you. I do hope you find this and get in touch. Wendy
  8. W

Lactoferrin with Colostrum and Dairy Sensitivity

@JaimeS. Thank you for the updated information. I'm pleased it is working so well for you. Unfortunately I can't help you with your iHerb reward points as I'm already a customer. iHerb is way better than anything we have available in Australia.
  9. W

Lactoferrin with Colostrum and Dairy Sensitivity

@JaimeS. When I click on your link to custom probiotics, the "product is not available". They do have D-Lactate free Probiotic Powder listed among their products which is available and I'm wondering if this is the one you used. So pleased you responded so amazingly to the probiotic .... I hope...
  10. W

Solgar Methylcobalamin 5000mcg, how are people taking it?

I have recently started taking Solgar MB12. On the front label the product is described as "sublingual", but the detailed instructions on taking it are "place nugget under tongue for 30 seconds before swallowing it". I had always thought that stomach acid destroyed B12 and am inclined to let...
  11. W

What brand of MethylB12 5mg should I use?

Thanks ahmo. Great have an Au company making transdermal oils. I'll check them out. I've just received my FMN from iHerb .... am hoping it works for me as well as it did for you.
  12. W

What brand of MethylB12 5mg should I use?

I am following FREDDDS protocol and am currently using 4mg of Enzymatics methylB12 morning and afternoon. I'd liked to switch to a 5mg tablet when next I tritate up, but am unsure which brand is currently recommended. Other information.... and would welcome constructive comments. I live in Au...
  13. W

Comment by 'WendyM' in 'Caledonia's Methylation and Mercury Links'

Thank you so much for your listing of resources. I no longer feel I'm struggling along with menthaloation in a hit and miss way. Love your name!
  14. W

Comment by 'WendyM' in 'Anyone seen Dr Christabelle Yeoh in Sydney, Australia?'

Have you true Don Lewis in Doncaster. I'm in Sydney and am a telephone patient. he is knowledgable and kind. don't know dr yeoh. not keen on dr schoeffels
  15. W

Comment by 'WendyM' in 'Methylation recovery log 7/5/15 to 7/6/15'

Congrats on keeping at it and doing well - especially at Uni. I agree with you about iHerb, even now the exchange rate is not in our favour. Wendy from Sydney
  16. W

Suggestions needed about slow decline and fairly constant flu like symptoms - without cold symptoms.

Hello Plum, We do have online supermarkets which are a wonderful help. I rarely go into a supermarket - find brain fog and OI make it just too difficult. I'm also very lucky where I live. It is a small suburb near the beach at the northern end of Sydney. We have three local shops and all are...
  17. W

Alcohol Tolerance Poll

I have always been intolerant of alcohol, never felt good after consuming even a small amount. Arms and legs feeling heavy and tingling and head swimming.
  18. W

Suggestions needed about slow decline and fairly constant flu like symptoms - without cold symptoms.

@ Xchocoholic. Aah, now I understand about "Walzyr". I've tried Sudafed which is a pseudoephidrine, with some improvement. But you are not supposed to take it for more than a week [although Dr Lewis did not mention this]. I'll try Zyrtec and look into the mast cell protocol. Pity the Paleo...
  19. W

hello Plum, It is so easy to overdo it without realising and crash. Done it quite a few times myself - although that doesn't seem to be what has happened this time. I'm trying to listen to my body and do what it needs as much as possible. My husband is disabled and it is only recently that...
  20. W

Thank you all for your suggestions. You have given me some good ideas to pursue. Caledonia, I've ordered some caprylic acid today and will give it a try. Soc said..." For me, the flu-like symptoms that developed later in my illness journey were the result of reactivation of a number of...
  21. W

I'm wondering if any of you knowledgable PWCs might be able to suggest what might be causing my deteriorating health. I was diagnosed with CFS 14years ago. Since December last year Ive been slowly going down hill. Definitely not a crash but a slow decline. Major symptoms are feeling as tho I...
  22. W

Do you tend to feel worse at a particular time of day?

I have 2 "good periods". First thing in the morning for 15 minutes to an hour, and then gradually start improvingaround 5pm ... so that my best time is 7-10pm.