• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. K

Moaning today

Hiya, Yes arthritis was at the forefront of my mind tbh . I think I should see my GP to rule anything else out.
  2. K

Moaning today

I think I need to invest some time in finding what will possibly help me rather than just assuming rest and sleep will suffice. Thanks for all the advice
  3. K

Moaning today

Hi, I never think about looking Into anything else ie rest therpay, I've tended to keep everything black and white, I take meds and rest when I can , I should explore other options . Thanks for your help x
  4. K

Moaning today

Do you think it does get worse? I'm scared for the future, I finally have the job I worked and studied so hard for and I'm worried M.E will take that from me. I'm having more and more bad days , or maybe I'm just noticing them more. I'm weary about trying anything new due to existing medication.
  5. K

Moaning today

I don't remember the last time I had any kind of remission, I expect it's because I don't rest enough or slow down. Do you have good days very often? I'm scared I'm getting worse
  6. K

Moaning today

Thank you, I never thought about cold packs before, I'll give it a try
  7. K

Moaning today

Thanks, I'm finding it more difficult I think I underestimate just how much of an effect M.E has one until I have a bad day just so used to the exhaustion and pain now I don't remember ever feeling anything else.
  8. K

Moaning today

Today is a bad day pain wise, I just want to moan about it.My back, my hips, my legs, my arms, every single joint aches, even just trying to sit up hurts. Is anyone else feeling this frustration ? :mad:
  9. K

Pain

I wish I could understand why it has this effect
  10. K

Pain

The day to day pain is bad enough but when I fall or bump myself and cause extra pain, I feel even more frustrated with it all.
  11. K

Pain

I had a fall at the beginning of the week and hurt my wrist and ankle and 5 days later the pain is no better, I've noticed a few times now that something that would have previously not caused me much discomfort now causes me more and over a longer period of time, even a slight knock to my body...
  12. K

Experiences

I'm managing with just having the weekends off, although it seems to be getting harder , if I'm on call it's difficult because I don't get that break. Some days I just want to shut off every little noise is to much.
  13. K

Experiences

Do you feel like you can't call in sick? I really don't want to and as manager it's alot more difficult for me to do so.
  14. K

Experiences

Thank you
  15. K

Experiences

Thanks
  16. K

Experiences

I was diagnosed with M.E. in 2017 after years of symptoms. I had to take a fact sheet to my G.P and say look at this, you've looked at everything else now look at this! This triggered the CBT sessions on how to manage M.E. which to an extent is helpful as I've learnt to listen to my body but...