• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

Please help: Will tilt table testing cause bad PEM/crash?

It will depend how you react to the test, I would not have been able to drive after I was very confused/spaced out, during the test I felt nauseous and faint from pre syncope symptoms. This is because I have Postural/Orthostatic Hypotension and the test was causing my blood pressure to drop (a...
  2. H

HBOT for ME/CFS/CFIDS

Hi @voner The main one to improve is fatigue (physical & mental), pain wise I can't say the HBOT has definitely affected this as being doing other things related to the improvement there, it does have a holistic improvement on pain in so much as more mobile and being laid for long periods...
  3. H

HBOT for ME/CFS/CFIDS

Bit of background on my ME/CFS as may help for comparison of people it helps vs those it doesn't. I was diagnosed circa 2011/12 in my late 20s with CFS, in the previous year I had been over doing things at work, had 3-4 trips to India which I had vaccinations for initially, finding it difficult...
  4. H

HBOT for ME/CFS/CFIDS

I will have been going for 3 years in September. The first few months were sporadic as I struggled to get there and had to stop for a few weeks due to a cold, I noticed an increase in symptoms when I couldn't go. I then built up from once to twice a week as my symptoms improved (at 24' chamber...