• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. warriorgirl

My journey to heal from CFS - diary

How are you feeling @researcher
  2. warriorgirl

VSL #3 trial

I am hoping to see more improvements..... fingers crossed.
  3. warriorgirl

VSL #3 trial

Update: I think it makes a differences for me! As of today, I can tell you that I feel like I have more energy. I was able to do sport everyday without major decline, was able to go shopping etc. Yesterday I drove my car for the first time in a while.
  4. warriorgirl

Are you anxious ?

Hi! It’s me, again! For those experiencing anxiety, we’re you anxious prior to diagnosis or you believe that the CFS Caused your anxiety. For my part, I am struggling with anxiety since a young age. I also had a couple episodes of health anxiety.
  5. warriorgirl

Burn out.

Thank you for this detailed reply. I was diagnosed with CFS not a long ago and I am still trying to figure everything out. Every professional I see has his own opinion. I feel like I am running everywhere in different directions :(
  6. warriorgirl

Burn out.

Are CFS patients normally able to exercice if they push through the fatigue ? (If they would force themselves)
  7. warriorgirl

Burn out.

Hi there. My psychologist brought something up today. She asked me if instead of CFS I would only be a « burn-out » case. Looking up the burnout symptoms, they are quite the same as CFS. It got me pretty confused. How do you differentiate them ? How did you know at first that you were not Just...
  8. warriorgirl

Other médical conditions

I don’t know much about EDS... what are the main symptoms ?
  9. warriorgirl

Other médical conditions

Booooooring joke. Obviously.
  10. warriorgirl

Other médical conditions

Hi, I am just curious about other diagnosed medical conditions CFS people have. It often seems to come with thyroid issues and fibromyalgia. Oh and IBS. What other conditions do you have ? (I know it’s a very personal question and I understand if I don’t get many answers).
  11. warriorgirl

Do you ever think about your financial future?

I’ve been working as a tax lawyer since 2012 and I just loved it. My biggest wish is to be able to return to it :(
  12. warriorgirl

Can’t get out of bed....help

Hi people, I previously posted about not being able to fall asleep. Another problem of mine happens in the morning. I just can’t get out of bed before noon, 12:30. I just lay there, immobile. My body just refuses to get up and it requires way too much energy. I wonder if I should just force...
  13. warriorgirl

VSL #3 trial

Hi people, So today i have received my VSL #3 probiotics package for one month. I am planning on taking them along with two other probiotic supplements that I have started taking one month ago, being Bio-K and another pharmacy brand. I am also drinking Kefir and Kombucha on a daily basis. I am...
  14. warriorgirl

I need to sleep! Help !!!!!

What kind of doctor can test that? I am in Canada and it doesn’t seem to be an available option.? I am pretty certain that it would be high in my case. It all started after a period of great stress partly job related (I am a transactional lawyer and some deals can be stressful) as well as in my...
  15. warriorgirl

Thank you for the detailed answer. Do you take all of them every day ?
  16. warriorgirl

I have desperately looking for some sleep. Nothing works. So far, I’ve tried: Natural supplementation: - magnesium - melatonin - Bach flowers - chamomile - lavender - going to bed early.. not early .. Medication: - immovan - Ativan - Rivotril - Trazodone And I am on Effexor for anxiety...