• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Sophiedw

My success story. Tons of biotin.

Most people seem to think biotin causes acne because it antagonises b5. That is widely cited.
  2. Sophiedw

Folate can make some undermethylaters worse

Awww amazing very happy to hear that. Do you take all the methylation supps like sam-e tmg etc?
  3. Sophiedw

@xena here you say that the folate gave you anxiety and at the same time your skin stopped healing. Did the skin start healing any better at any point? Thank you :)
  4. Sophiedw

Hey @xena, did your collagen problems recover? What do you think helped? Do you still take inositol?
  5. Sophiedw

coq10 seems to have helped inflammatory pain and some other symptoms

Hey, So i have a weird version of this illness that responds quickly to supplements, and each deficiency gives me a specific (well not always totally specific) symptom. It's taken me 3-4 years at least to work out what all of these are, as if i don't recognise the deficency said symptom just...
  6. Sophiedw

Lithium Orotate & Overmethylation?

@Kadar how do selenium k2 and b2 interact?
  7. Sophiedw

Mk4 made me worse but mk7 seems to have been the ticket. My methylation is working again now and symptoms much less severe. Thanks so much how great is this forum. Lifesaving.
  8. Sophiedw

I am getting heart palpitations and shortness of breath - potassium seems to make it worse and calcium makes it better so I will continue down that root for now. Thanks on the k2 - do you mean mk7 or mk4?
  9. Sophiedw

Yes I have symptoms of calcium deficiency after taking b vitamins. I see in this thread you recommend boron and say something like ‘my adrenals go funny after taking calcium or calcium related nutrients’ i wondered what these other nutrients are that deal with calcium / for example vitamin k2...
  10. Sophiedw

Also @Kadar selenium and vit e deplete my b5 :)
  11. Sophiedw

And or @drmullin30. Thank you
  12. Sophiedw

Had also just upped my b vitamins. Could it just be a frank calcium deficiency? I’ve been neglecting to take it for maybe a year.
  13. Sophiedw

Hey @Kadar, what are the synergistic calcium nutrients that play with your adrenals - I have some related issue at the moment. Anxiety breathlessness weakness seemingly helped by calcium and made worse by boron 🤒
  14. Sophiedw

Women are relying more on 'Dr Google' than their GP .... I'm, like, totally stunned !!!!

Only women, mind. We are such an inherently anxious breed who histrionically hyperfocus on our horrifying and debilitating health conditions, rather than take good old GPs advice to just stop complaining, and smile more - maybe consider that we are actually not unwell? Sometimes I think an...
  15. Sophiedw

Poll: When do you brutally honestly think there will be a cure for ME?

Long covid will force funding into post viral illness on a scale never seen before. This is the time 🤞
  16. Sophiedw

Poll: When do you brutally honestly think there will be a cure for ME?

They just reversed MS in a small human trial using implanted EBV targeting immune cells. So cool.
  17. Sophiedw

Taking B1 (thiamine) resolves GI problems - extreme nausea, sickness, low appetite and pain

This is still the case :) boron actually turned out to be the key but maybe that’s coz it’s easier to deplete with other minerals - I.e. if my boron is at all low I will know coz taking copper or zinc makes me vomit, which if I allowed continuing depletion of boron by b12 methylation blah would...
  18. Sophiedw

Suspected Overmethylation and Inflammation - How to fix?

I agree sounds like interplay of methylation and gut issues or whatever but you are the scholar of your own experience as we all bloody have to be. Strength in your continuing search. Glad you found some improvement with b12 etc. or at least a shift I think that’s positive that you could...
  19. Sophiedw

Will do! Thanks for the reply both :) x
  20. Sophiedw

Hey Hugo, Did you ever find any other supplements that corrected this response to methylation supplements? All the best
  21. Sophiedw

Has anyone else out there experienced this? Rigid muscles - sort of body paralysis.

Wow that’s really fantastic thankyou, I definitely will contact them.
  22. Sophiedw

Has anyone else out there experienced this? Rigid muscles - sort of body paralysis.

the glutamate I worked out in A number of ways really. Mostly because gaba agonists or glutamate blockers stopped the symptoms then in the end it made sense. Tremor in Parkinson’s and in alcohol dependency is theorised to be caused by low gaba (opposite to glutamate). The overly electric brain...
  23. Sophiedw

i have had mri and eeg - both clear. A sleep study would be fantastic but the NHS is not that amenable to fancy stuff. Anyway they didn’t find anything. That was for some sleep phenomena a bit like fits or ‘hypnic jerks’ - although the term hypnic jerks so woefully under exaggerates how terrible...
  24. Sophiedw

I definitely don’t have Parkinson’s as I’m only 30 and it’s been steadily improving since initial onset 3-4 years ago. Dopamine problems are good consideration though.
  25. Sophiedw

Dopamine is a viable lead. At some point in the future.
  26. Sophiedw

Choline - sickness and gallbladder pain Vitamin C - skin peels on my hands, then distractability and then laboured heart I can spot the symptoms now and supplement accordingly and slowly am getting better.
  27. Sophiedw

Also as I get my supplements right now they progressively release more muscle groups - when I find something I am low in new muscles relax and this in turn induces deficiencies - all with very robust symptoms that I’ve had to trial and error out but are always the same. boron - gastroparesis...