• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. F

treatment for dysautonomia

This, to my mind, is a brilliant analysis and a map of where research and development of diagnostic tests should go - thank you!
  2. F

Massage directly helps inflammation, mitochondrial biogenesis

http://www.medpagetoday.com/Neurology/PainManagement/30996 What an intriguing bit of research that doesn't involve drug companies, side effects, FDA delays, etc.! I've always tended to agree on a gut level with suggestions that inflammation may be at the base of why we have our symptoms, and...
  3. F

Neuroma surgery anyone?

I've had troublesome foot neuromas most of 20 years, and both CFS/ME and fibromyalgia. Living in another city, my various medical providers understood and believed me and each other. Initlal treatment was successful and life-changing, until the neuromas recurred, as they tend to do. In a new...
  4. F

Similarities between Post Polio Syndrome and ME

Absolutely there are a lot of similarities to post-polio on paper. I went so far (about 15 years ago) as going to a PPS physician (and subsequent work-up for MS as well) who said there was no particular difference between what I had and PPS, that the treatment (or lack of it) would be...
  5. F

Differance between BP while lying and sitting

Just last week I had a doctor's appointment - 120/ when I came in, sitting; later almost 140/ when I was lying down comfortably. So, yes, I think higher when lying down may be the case with those of us who have orthostatic problems.
  6. F

fawkes

7. F

How do we evaluate studies?

I came across this new book entitled "Testing Treatments" that is available for free download www.testingtreatments.org. I've just started it, but it seems very interesting and useful in evaluating the various studies we see on CFS, maybe giving us a more intelligent way of discussing treatments...
  8. F

Astounding Norwegian research breakthrough with Rituximab can solve CFS mystery!!!

Is it not also hypothesized that EBV may reside in basal or dorsal ganglia cells? Would rituximab reach these? Is it the case that most antivirals discussed in that connection (valganciclovir for one) hit only the blood cells (B cells in particular)? Which, between antivirals or rituximab, would...