• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

NADH & Alcohol - Any experts?

Hi there! I would greatly appreciate someone's explanation and interpretation of NADH and alcohol. There is a product called sober rush that provides quite a bit (60mg) of NADH that you are to take after alcohol consumption. I am fairly knowledgeable on a lot of supplements and biology but...
  2. S

Methylation completely stopped working...Can’t find the missing cofactor.

@DrHouse_Italy I really think you are onto something with me. So, for that, I thank you. Question about B2...after taking approximately 100mg of FMN/R5P spaced throughout the day (25mg each), I have been feeling so much better with regards to anxiety, energy, brain fog, depression, etc. I...
  3. S

Methylation completely stopped working...Can’t find the missing cofactor.

@DrHouse_Italy This is fascinating and may explain tons of my issues with b vitamins. It is so hard to uncover which one is creating the unbalance and causing my severe brain fog each afternoon after morning Bs. Do you have any more information or sources about B12 pushing you into B2...
  4. S

Folic Acid, FIGLU, and Thiamine

Any help on this :(? I get this terrible brain fog every day the Bs are involved. My theory on Thiamine before Folate does not work. My latest theory, is perhaps I am not taking enough Folate to balance the high levels of Bs? If I take Niacin or Thiamine on there own, I get the brain fog/spacey...
  5. S

Hard to get up in the morning and even harder with glycine

Where did you see that Glycine uses your NAD+ up? I can't find anything to support that.
  6. S

Hard to get up in the morning and even harder with glycine

I would just like to add a little of my experience here. I am also homozygous 677t like @JHF1 and have been having a very hard time with nutritional supplements fixing my issues (fatty liver, chronic heartburn, sleep issues, and brain fog which I believe may be supplement induced hypoglycemia or...
  7. S

Folic Acid, FIGLU, and Thiamine

Hi guys, So I have been doing so much better these last two weeks after integrating benfotiamine in place of thiamine HCL. I had been taking 100 - 150mg of Thiamine HCL for over a year and my recent Nutreval test showed high thiamine deficiency, high biotin deficiency, and high folate...
  8. S

Nicotinamide Riboside/NAD+

Hi there - I recently (a month ago) added Nicotinamide Ribside (the NiaCel Thorne product @ 125mg) as the first thing I take in bed in the morning. As others suggested, it worked great in the beginning and significantly less energizing after the first week or so. I will continue to take as I...
  9. S

Reactive Hypoglycemia and inositol

Thanks @Carl I have taken various doses of Milk Thistle over the years. My favorite dose is 100mg in the morning and then 250mg at night. I eat one egg every morning and then I take that Optimal PC supplement below: https://www.seekinghealth.com/optimal-pc-100-softgels Which is a...
  10. S

Reactive Hypoglycemia and inositol

Hi everyone, I am trying to pinpoint which supplement is causing reactive hypoglycemia. I think it could be milk thistle, biotin, coffee, or inositol. I really think I have been able to isolate as inositol. There are a couple forms I've inositol I've dabbled with. Myo-inositol before bed for...
  11. S

Is Folate inhibiting Thiamine (B-1) ?

I usually have mildly elevated liver enzymes with my blood work, in part due to lifestyle amongst some SNPs. Thiamin HCL has done nothing to raise my functional B1 status, and I have been feeling so much better on either benfotiamine or allithiamine (both seem to work). Thus, I was excited by...
  12. S

Magnesium question - bad reaction

I know this is an old thread - but how did you isolate magnesium being the cause of this? This exact reaction you describe may be happening to me and I think magnesium could be the cause! It is either magnesium or potassium supplements and I am now worried it may be magnesium which is so hard to...
  13. S

Is Folate inhibiting Thiamine (B-1) ?

Can you tell me why Allithiamine / TTFD would possibly be harmful to the liver? That doesn't make much sense and your source has virtually zero information and there are no other online sources I can find that describe thiamine or TTFD having any negative effects on the liver?
  14. S

Folinic Acid

I am homozygous 677t, with some other homo SLC (folate carrier), hetero MTRR SNPS, and hetero COMT and VDR, so the suggestion is Hydroxy-b12. I have ridden the most frustrating rollercoaster when it comes to B vitamins and supporting methylation. For me, I discovered a b1 deficiency which...
  15. S

Why this reaction to CALCIUM D GLUCARATE?!?

I had a very similar reaction to the estrogen dominance supplements. Seeking Health DIM + IC3 and 500mg Thorne Calcium D Glucarate and milk thistle. I took this stack for some time after dutch saliva test showed high estrogen. The first two months was life changing for my mood and well being, so...