• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. I

Stomach bloat. What causes yours?

Milk! I drink it anyway because milk is all I can drink til midday that won't mess with my blood sugar. During the day I grow bigger and bigger until evening when I can get rid of alll the extra air.....
  2. I

If I'm so tired, why does sleeping hurt?

Even though you don't feel well in the morning I am convinced that your body needs the sleep and will one day reward you for letting sleep happen. In my opinion unrefreshing sleep is more of a morning problem not a sleep problem: I have trouble falling asleep at night even if I am very tired and...
  3. I

better after having fever?

Thats an interesting theory .... I actually skip breakfast on every workday, just because if I start my metabolim in the morning an go to work, I will be hypoglycemic around 10.30 a.m. I,ve been unconscious on the floor because of that, but without breakfast it almost never happens. Lately i...
  4. I

better after having fever?

Last week I had to stop working and rest in bed because of svere nausea and exaustion, a well known condition... I feared a major relapse, feeling so ill. After a few days I got terrible headaches that did not respond to pain medication and a low grade fever, surprisingly the next day I was a...