• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. RHazra

Has anyone recovered in the Bay area ?

My son sees dr. Kaufman. He has moved to Seattle but is still with CCD
  2. RHazra

Is This a Tick Bite?

i Am trying to identify what kind of insect bit my son just a few weeks before everything started. It did not have a red bump or a bulls eye rash. It was a blue-black bump. He has tested positive for bartonella and babesia although I have read that other Insect bites can also result in positive...
  3. RHazra

In Memory of JBoneske

@Jboneske2 I will remember and raise a glass. May he Rest In Peace And you, your wife, Uriah and your mom find some comfort. I watched the videos on you tube and enjoyed them, especially Elvis:)))
  4. RHazra

Full body numbness during crashes

He has very low b12 but Neuro said to try oral and I don’t think it is working. My son has had so many Neuro checks from the best teaching hospitals in the country, MRIs nd EMGs and all of them have said he has recovered from the GBS except for very minimal residual effects. They say that his...
  5. RHazra

Full body numbness during crashes

My son shared yesterday that during his last crash he experienced full body numbness or paresthesia for at least a whole day. He was unable to go to the bathroom and somehow stumbled to the bathroom when he knew he just had to go. Has any one else experienced something like this? Just a...
  6. RHazra

Desperate need of help

@Rizz i don’t have much to offer in terms of solutions, but will certainly keep you in my prayers. So sorry you are going thru such a rough time.
  7. RHazra

In Memory of JBoneske

@Jboneske2 thank you for joining PR. I am a new member. My son was diagnosed a few months ago. He sometimes thinks about ending it as well and I keep reminding him of his family. I am sure all of you miss Jeff a lot. I could tell that he was struggling with keeping his hopes up of feeling...
  8. RHazra

very important question!

@notmyself I also think the severity of your symptoms has a lot to do with what you can or cannot force yourself to do. If you are having mild symptoms you may be able to force yourself to do stuff even when you feel like shit. That does not mean you don’t have me/CFS. It may be at a milder...
  9. RHazra

In Memory of JBoneske

I can’t believe this. I am heartbroken.
  10. RHazra

What to ask Dr. Chheda

I am so glad you have an appointment to discuss your labs. Since I am way behind in the process I have no suggestions but wanted to wish you luck. Hopefully, other members with more experience will have some ideas.