• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. O

ME/CFS like MS?

Tania, It sounds like you've been through way too much. I hope things are a little better at the moment. I'm in South Australia like you by the way. I never thought about ME/CFS studies. I didn't think they would have many here. How did you join these studies? was it through your GP or..? I...
  2. O

Aussies - disability support changes

I find this very worrying. I have been assessed as not being able to work at all and got in just before the laws where they reassess you every 2 years so hopefully I will be safe for the time being. I have not been bothered by centre link for over 8 years now and I still live in constant fear of...
  3. O

Vitamin D - Helpful or Problematic?

I couldn't vote because I find it makes me worse and better. I can't tolerate any capsule form of vitamin d but the sun has a big effect on my symptoms. Generally I get worse when I first go out in the sun and worse still when I go back inside. A few hours later I start to improve a little. I do...
  4. O

Practical tests to find out why probiotics cause adverse reactions

Hello Waverunner, I find this really interesting because I did not know others with ME/CFS also had problems with probiotics. Probiotics have always caused flareups for me. My naturopath is always saying how they are the most important supplement for me to take but I have just recently...
  5. O

ME/CFS like MS?

Im sorry for your bad neurologist experiences Sickness, Ggingues and Boule de feu. Ive also had bad experiences with doctors in general which is one of the reasons I tend to avoid them like the plague unless I absolutely have to go. Justy I am the same as you in regards to my anxiety and...
  6. O

ME/CFS like MS?

Thank you everybody who responded. You've all been very helpful. I'm going to take a break from doctors for a little bit until I feel a bit better. I get so stressed by it all that it just makes me sicker and today I am back in bed after another appointment. I hope to eventually get the scans...
  7. O

ME/CFS like MS?

Hello, I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself and write a bit of my story. I'm very glad I found this place with such a wealth of information. I've been reading for a couple of months now and am finding it very helpful if not quite overwhelming. I am somebody who has been diagnosed...