• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Wolfcub

Anyone Experience PEM due to Pandemic Stress?

I have generally been worse or my ups and downs have been deeper during the past year. Even though "lockdown" has been no different to my usual life. I am still not sure if it's some kind of stress with me, or if it's Covid itself (which I had in April 2020) which has exacerbated things.(though...
  2. Wolfcub

GERD-like symptoms that go away after a proper meal

Booble, I'm sorry you get the same/similar. But wow....someone knows exactly what I mean. Sometimes it does get worse after doing a poop. In the morning when I and my body are still, and there's nothing inside me, and nothing "happening" everything's quiet and I feel better (in that respect)...
  3. Wolfcub

No, my digestion has always been strong as a rock. I could, and did, eat anything. When ME/CFS started (suddenly after what felt like a flu)early in 2018 I got a slight lower gut upset for a few days only, then that went and didn't come back until around the time I got Covid, last Spring...
  4. Wolfcub

Well, this thing that I call "reflux" (but isn't heartburn exactly....feels more like indigestion) may be quite mild in my case. But enough to be uncomfortable. It keeps changing shape, Now I can get it up to two hours after eating dinner as well. A very odd thing....it can be plaguing me an...
  5. Wolfcub

That's likely to be our old pal, Serotonin. Yes, a low dose antidepressant could perhaps help that. But maybe it's an experiment to see if that works? The thing is though -what causes serotonin to go haywire in the first place?
  6. Wolfcub

Anybody go from steady pem relationship to more up and down?

I certainly hear you! I get into those situations where I live too. These rural places are for tough people. I tough it out, then pay later. Not just with a few aches, tiredness etc, but with the old symptoms, and that can go on for days or longer. My bad......:(:xpem:
  7. Wolfcub

Anybody go from steady pem relationship to more up and down?

I get a really strange up-and-down thing which I call "eye of the storm" and I have NO idea why or how it happens. This has gone on for 3 years. Everything is following a sort of pattern....PEM, and all, and then suddenly, out of the blue, I feel fine. Like my old normal self. That can sometimes...
  8. Wolfcub

Hymecromone- new substance to suppress neuroinflammation

Thank you @Hufsamor This is a good find! And @andyguitar .....Lovage and Camomile tea here I come.....:)
  9. Wolfcub

Hyperthyroid symptoms from Sun exposure

I'm sorry, but I don't know enough about Thyroid problems to be helpful to you in that respect. But there possibly may be some helpful clues in this PubMed article: Benefits of Sunlight I wouldn't call our beautiful and probably short-lived early spring sunshine "excessive sunlight", but it...
  10. Wolfcub

Horizon BBC2 UK this evening.

It is good to hear this said out loud on the BBC. Millions of people will hear it. Maybe they will need evidence which repeats itself; such as -treatments for long Covid also working for ME/CFS patients in double-blind trials....over and over again. I also sincerely hope that happens, also that...
  11. Wolfcub

Horizon BBC2 UK this evening.

There only ever was one "psychiatrist" who got my attention, and that was Dr Jung. Bless his soul.
  12. Wolfcub

Exercise generates immune cells in bone marrow

This is fascinating. Thank you @Learner1 But....I am flummoxed as to why I developed ME/CFS after what felt like some random flu in 2018(not infection that was naturally fought off by the immune system) -when I had exercised healthily for many years prior to that (ate a very healthy diet...
  13. Wolfcub

Article Honouring the Memory of our Friend PatJ

Tha nk you Pat, for everything you gave, all the things you did, and who you are, and for sharing that with us all here. Blessings to your Soul. And thank you Shannon, for sharing the above. Kindest wishes to you and the family.
  14. Wolfcub

Thyme -quite powerful for GI issues!

I am glad your mom's UTIs were helped by using Thyme teas, and that they have been helpful for you too. I was thinking of trying it. And this.... is a wonderful improvement! Wow.
  15. Wolfcub

Should i get this mri tomorrow of brain?

I guess they have to see what's going on in there @bensmith As usual, it's a diagnostic procedure to eliminate something that just might be happening. They have to cover all bases. While not exactly an MRI, I had a brain CT scan about 18 months ago. It was easy as pie. I worried about it...
  16. Wolfcub

Thyme -quite powerful for GI issues!

I was very interested to read this. The common herb, Thyme, most often used in cooking, is a powerful anti -inflammatory, anti-fungal and anti microbial, with marked benefit for gut problems, helicobacter pylori, Candida, etc when taken at medicinal doses (the usual dose is 1 teaspoonful to 1...
  17. Wolfcub

Alterations in Gut Microbiota of Patients With COVID-19 During Time of Hospitalization

Yes, apparently it's a small subset of Covid patients who might get the bleeding problem. It seems I got that to some extent. Though there was never any sign of bleeding from the gut itself during infection, and a F.I.T. analysis 2-3 months later was clear for occult blood.
  18. Wolfcub

Alterations in Gut Microbiota of Patients With COVID-19 During Time of Hospitalization

Re: GI damage from blood clots in the intestine....and also the possible opposite effect in some patients, I found this in Medical News Today:
  19. Wolfcub

No. I guessed it was an interference with blood clotting, as I also got petechiae on my torso. I didn't have kidney pain, though an old lower back (lower than kidneys) problem really flared up the first day and ached like heck. I probably needed some vitamin K at the time. For interest, in...
  20. Wolfcub

Yes, in hindsight, it does. I wish I'd known that at the time. It was weeks before lockdown (early March) and GI symptoms weren't reported then. Yet why? I don't know, because looking back at some of the earliest case-histories from Wuhan China, GI disturbances were clearly mentioned in a few...
  21. Wolfcub

Thanks for tagging me on this @ljimbo423 It makes very interesting reading. I started with sudden gut issues (literally overnight) just under a month before the obvious Covid (classic symptoms) infection started. No other symptoms during those few weeks, except the usual crash stuff when I'd...
  22. Wolfcub

Gut symptoms

I think many people with ME/CFS have gut problems too @ruben It does seem to go with the territory unfortunately. There have to be some splendid links here re: dysbiosis, IBS, etc and their co-morbidity with ME/CFS. Some even postulate that gut dysbiosis is a major factor in, or could even be...
  23. Wolfcub

Great source of potassium

I know! Too good a result, isn't it?? :rofl:
  24. Wolfcub

Great source of potassium

One large orange =333mg potassium too ! (RDA 2500mg) One 100mg can of tuna =237mg...... And 722mg in one 100g bar of dark chocolate (70-85%) Even milk chocolate =372 per 100g. I good portion of quinoa (8oz cup) = 318mg.
  25. Wolfcub

Bitter herbs definitely helping tummy!!

I think lots of herbs are available on Amazon.com. Some might, some might not be. I just checked for Blackberry Leaf and it was there, as loose herb and as tea. There are many herbs grow where I live so that's why I gather my own when I can, plus they are free :D You're right about vitamin C...
  26. Wolfcub

Iceman Wim Hof Breathing Method

It's possible that ice baths help for those people who can tolerate them. But I also feel putting myself in to an ice bath (which I would happily have done when I was fit and well!) could cause some crash. Today I experimented with a cold water sluice-down after a mildly warm bath, and it made...
  27. Wolfcub

No @kangaSue I haven't tried Iberogast. I am not quite sure where to get that at the moment (possibly Amazon? I am always very picky about which supplements etc I buy from Amazon. Some are very good. Others I am unsure of,) But I have heard good things about it for some people, depending on...
  28. Wolfcub

I will make an exception ...:D if you happen to drop in at tea time! I risked a small ground coffee today. I enjoyed it very much, and no shakiness from it, but about an hour later it gave me some reflux-y sensations ....sad :( Actually Witch Hazel tea tastes a bit like a kind of China tea, I...
  29. Wolfcub

Thanks @lenora Yes, that's true. I use deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL) powder at 1/8 teaspoonful each dose (usually 3 times a day) It's the Glycyrrhizin which can cause side effects. I believe -though might be wrong -that it's a type of steroid also (?). But the DGL so far (1 month at least...
  30. Wolfcub

Camel Dung was The First Probiotic

So am I !!!!!!!!!!!! :wide-eyed::yuck: