• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

Glycine - advice please?

The claims about citrate in supplements being problematic, combined with your reccomendation of another form, glycine, which logically to me, would have similar risk from manufacturing. I meant I tend to read claims like that in unreferenced manner on wellness sites. I was being a little bit of...
  2. H

Glycine - advice please?

Some decent information tied up in some obvious alt-health wellness blog claims.
  3. H

Sore Throat / Mood Virus & China "HIV-Like" Virus

Will you talk some more about gut health and foods?
  4. H

Thiamin (Vitamin B1) supplements

I have done well with fursultiamine. I also did 25mg thiamine hcl 3-4x a day and it did not hurt. I take 100mg fursultiamine 1-2x a day for a month, then cycle off for a little while. You can easily get 1mg of thiamine from diet if you eat pork or sunflower seed.
  5. H

NAD IV Infusion therapy?

Anyone tried sourcing the bulk powder themselves from a lab?
  6. H

Radiation

If downloading your twitter feed at blazing speed from any corner of the planet is worth the potential unknowns and you trust the corporations and your leaders (who have never done you wrong, right?), then you and I have differing risk assesment. Plenty of folks with decent heads on their...
  7. H

Reverse Mitochondrial Damage 101

I really sincerely doubt anyone would have a sensitivity or trouble digesting raw egg yolk. If you believe his claims, Aajonus Vonderplanitz said raw eggs can be broken down and digested in as quick as 15 min. Some of the things he said were almost unbelievable but I agree with the notion they...
  8. H

Reverse Mitochondrial Damage 101

Any reason one cannot just eat egg yolks? This thread is a giant advertisement for supplements.
  9. H

Low dose naltrexone vs. kratom

And then in your post you assert krarom causes no withdrawals and give no qualifiers. My mom can take tramadol and t3 and not get withdrawals, because she takes an infrequent low dose. ...different people use different amounts and types of kratom, and stem and leaf is not what people mean when...
  10. H

I gave my experience, stated facts (is kratom an opioid or not?) Am i not allowed to give a differing opinion based on my own experience? The OP asked about kratom, not your specific stem and vein type. Go to the quittingkratom forum and see countless people who are struggling and have...
  11. H

You can take both. I have done so, but in the end I avoid kratom, i do not believe it contributes much to health. If I did not have access to tylenol3 to take once in awhile on a bad day where I just need relief for a few hours, I would keep kratom around simply because it is an easily avalable...
  12. H

MCT oil, th2 and food sensitivities

I have definately heard of MCT causing allergy issues, on numerous occasions. I think there is some science behind it to explain. Why not just cut it out and see if it helps?
  13. H

Need Help: Severe Reaction to Sam-e (Went to the ER) - SAMe

Fwiw, sam-e IS a pharmaceutical drug in Russia and parts of Europe. I would really not let the doctors shrug it off, they should not anyways, plenty of off-the-shelf supplements can have serious interactions or side effects. Please update when you can. Best wishes.
  14. H

I gave advice I really should not have in this thread, @zzz posted a much more helpful post. I hope lamplighter gets help they need and feels better soon. I really wish your parents were more helpful, it makes no sense for your father to treat you this way, but i have been there. I used to be...
  15. H

And btw, 130/90 BP is really not that bad as a transient thing. I actually have had serotonin syndrome once before, had a full blown i am going to die panic attack while driving, it was one of the most horiffic moments of my life, and it took some days, at least a week to feel right after. If...
  16. H

I edited my post for simplicity but you got to it first, no matter though. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23426511 That says nicotinamide actually increases plasma serotonin. I did not feel right making the reccomndation and probably shouldnt have before researching at least a little. I do...
  17. H

I am really sorry you are not getting support you need. The unampathetic father thing is a constant theme I read here in the forums. Have you tried taking a small dose of niacin? Do not take the 500mg though, the intense flush would probably add to your anxiety. Try a tenth of a dose and slowly...
  18. H

Best Probiotic

You are lucky so little Align helps you, are you using the regular strength capsule? I would take 4 caps a day if I could afford it. It is only 2 billion cfu upon expiry iirc. There are some other providers of b. Infantis of different substrains, but since Align is specifically well researched...
  19. H

Best Probiotic

That recent "research", if we are referring to the same release, was kind of laughable. They made no differentiation between strains, and it is strange to suggest the piles of research done showing clinical benefit are all lies. It is a little silly to cast off a whole segment of therapy like...
  20. H

VSL #3 trial

You do not really give any reason why FMT is not a reasonable thing to do, outside not wanting to "eat shit". It seems like a good way to get the bacteria from a healthy person which one way be lacking. I have seen you post multiple times about your thoughts about quorum sensing inhibitor...
  21. H

Did I create SIBO by taking too many Probiotics?!

I think extended fasting can help immune system clear out damaged portions and regenerate.
  22. H

White Tongue Discoloration

Mine lessens with a calmer GI system (periods of less inflammation) so I believe you may be right. But I also believe some of that discoloration could be bacterial toxins, or in some cases it really is yeast, but that is more obvious.
  23. H

Is growing your own probiotic yoghurt possible?

I think he is responding kind of generally to the wide reccomendations of using glutamine as part of a leaky gut protocols one can find on numerous blogs, wellness sites. It is true if one has bad microbes in biofilms, there will be a hard go of healing if biofilm is not dealt with directly, so...
  24. H

Simple test to check immune system function

My issues seem to stem from gut problems too. If I remember right, it seems to be how it started.
  25. H

LDN weird side effects

I could not figure out if LDN was allowing dysbiosis issues to get worse or better, as I experienced more gut inflammation in trouble spots upon waking, but if I gave it a half day, I would feel pretty amazing. Rather than continue to think it was a healing process, I was influenced by that...
  26. H

LDN weird side effects

This author does not like LDN, and says it works in short term (1 year), but causes autoimmunity problems later on. https://livingwellnessblog.wordpress.com/2014/11/12/low-dose-naltrexone-inflammation/ I am aware of numerous people who have used it vey succesfully to lower viral loads in...
  27. H

Mcas and Gut healing (Candida/Sibo)

Simple food choices can help get fungal issues in check. Try to incorporate herbs, coconut oil, lots of plant foods, maybe try common antimicrobials as long as they do not push your immune into more improper balance. Find out what does not stimulate your over active th1, off the top of my head...
  28. H

Michael Sharpe is at it again

There is an episode of Black Mirror in the newest season where a device is worn by the doctor linking them to the patient, where they feel everything the patient feels. That alone would probably spur more targetted research and understanding and positive treatment outcomes than anything else.
  29. H

I would like to hear your herb and enzyme etc protocol. Fwiw, just using coconut oil, oil of oregano, fresh garlic made me so ill the first time. I hesitate to self diagnose a herx reaction after reading the neuroticism on candida websites, but surely thats what it was.Then I added Interfase...
  30. H

Maybe I should have said gut health, then, because butyrate is recognized as a general positive thing for intestines. I know the common ways to attack biofilms, and have read some of your posts. I am a little curious about why you seem so sure it takes 15min to resolve damage from excess...