• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. YvieArtist

Poll>>>Has anyone had success with graded exercise?

Yes..I came down with CFS in my late twenties ( now 68). Never bedridden until in my 60's for a few weeks, but now doing better..But during a remission when I was 47' I started exercising slowly at a gym with a trainer. The first two weeks, I got mild symptoms but was able to slowly push past...
  2. YvieArtist

Problems with Acetyl L-Carnitine?

I have had no problems taking the Acetyl L-Carnitine. In fact it definately had helped my evening brain fog. I'm taking 400 daily with 200mg Alpha Lipoic Acid in it.
  3. YvieArtist

New first time symptom: Ringing in ears.. Seriously? Why???

I have it all the time, but I notice it is worse when I feel physically worse. Yes, it's another symptom. Ugh!
  4. YvieArtist

Feel better on Prednisone?

Hello all. I have been to an endo doctor and scheduled for a ACTH test on Wednesday for the cortisol levels. I have been getting worse and mostly on my sofa now and can't do much at all. Shower knocks me out, I can make my bed and get pizza out of freezer to eat at least. Some family members...
  5. YvieArtist

The shot gun approach- mitochondrial/ methylation/ antoxidants

I think Dr. Myhill has zeroed in on important information about the mitochondria damage. I am in my third serious relapse since my initial bout with it in my late 20's (A type personality) (am am now 67). Wasn't sure I was going to make it this far but i did!....I am trying the Di-ribose and am...
  6. YvieArtist

There is hope around the corner...
  7. YvieArtist

Ugh! Sorry.....I really thinking that the low cortisol levels we have plus any underlying virus infection and mitochondria damage is at the bottom of our conditions. Hang in there.
  8. YvieArtist

Well I was totally amazed at the wonderful relief I received from ALL my symptoms and with some euphoria thrown in (especially nice!) After having the CFS/FM for so many years, no doctor had ever (well I quit going in the beginning as it was "all in my head".) prescribed it. So I am thinking...
  9. YvieArtist

I started to come down on the Prednisone, but heavy depression occurred so I went back on a low dose. I am trying again to get off due to negative affects, but it seems like my body really wants this stuff.....read some articles on Dr. Jeffreys book on safe use of low dose cortisol and Dr...
  10. YvieArtist

Persimmon, I too would like to know how you felt coming off the Prednisone. I had the some wonderful affect and will soon be off it. I had some life back for two weeks. It has been wonderful, and I'm really down that it may come to an abrupt end.....