• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Norway's Directorate of Health Apologises for Treatment of ME Patients

They are quite clear about that they don't know much about why we improve. But because we do, and the way we do it, they belive (they don't know) that me is an auto immune illness. I did see some other measurements done (several other CD's) in the patients. But i don't remember other than the...
  2. S

A question about THE apology

Why should he ? That is all in your head aswell :winking:
  3. S

You sort of have to be a patient of one special me-doc (that is semi retired) to get into the trials. He is the one picking the ones that gets invited hehe
  4. S

We have our Wessley in norway too. He is actually a fan of Wessley, and does not approve of the results from the trial. He is quite clear about this being a mental illness
  5. S

I've been posting this several places her now, because i see the same question all over hehe But.... Could it be that it was cancer doctors that found this, that makes it more serious ? Not researchers or scientists..... But ordinary cancer doc's, from what i know :thumbs up:
  6. S

Brits, sign petition for UK gov't to apologise for its treatment of patients with ME

Could it be because it was cancer doctors that found this out ? :thumbs up:
  7. S

Norway's Directorate of Health Apologises for Treatment of ME Patients

I think it helps us alot, since it was cancer doc's that found this out ;) They were treating a woman with both cancer and me for her cancer, and all of her me issues went away. And she kept chasing them, wanting more of the meds, after her cancer was gone. Then they tried with her and...
  8. S

treatment for worms has helped my gut a bit but why?

I think the number would be millions. Not thousands ;) :Retro frown:
  9. S

From what i've heard...... it takes a year to heal. But that is with a proper diet and treatment. ;)
  10. S

The dose recomended on the package is 200mg a day (100mg morning + 100mg in the evening) But if you read inside, it say that max dose are 400mg a day (200 + 200) In my case (and the others that did this)........the standard dose did not do enough. And since i'm afraid of all the stuff to come...
  11. S

Only side-effect i've found, is that my bowel movements slow down while taking vermox. In the beginning, that was a blessing, since i had big problems with everything i ate just shooting through my body. hehe We all react in the weirdest ways to stuff (meds/food) we eat. But this is the only...
  12. S

kurt I get lost when stuff is getting technical hehe So the only thing i got was something about a worm, that was common within us. Think it was Ascaris or something like that, we starting taking Vermox for. That speciffic worm had our symptoms
  13. S

I take 200mg (2x100mg) morning and night/evening for 3 days, every 2 weeks. Done this more than 2 years. Withing days, my nightsweat and sleeping issues went away. After that, more and more stuff went away. After 1/2 year i was finnished, according to my plan. But when i stopped, it all came...
  14. S

It is pharmaceutical, Don't have the name of the active ingredient. Will get back to you on that. It is on the other side of the house. Can't say that my brain fog or fatigue have gotten better. But when i stop, and the stuff comes back...... i get alot worse. So i guess it helps a bit on the...
  15. S

I have IBS too. But have been on worm trestment every other week for two or so years now. It removes my IBS right away, and night sweat, mouth infections, joint issues and a lot more stuff that i have forgotten all about. When i stop, it all comes back again. :( My regular doc just...
  16. S

Food Allergy Testing: IgG4 blood test accuracy questions

1/2 year into my diet, the only think thats gone away is my burning throat. But glad it is gone. It was changing all the time, so once i had gotten used to one level of the burning, it changed :Retro frown: But changing the diet, is usually followed by more improvements. So what i (and you?)...
  17. S

Zero Tolerance for Heat

I drink alot of water, to stay cool. I've been getting reactions from heat for as long as i can remember. But the weird thing is that i could sit in a sauna that was to hot, that everyone else left. I could sweat like a pig, while my feet were ice cold :Retro eek: So i could take that heat...
  18. S

Food Allergy Cures?

If you have a leaky gut, you will become allergic to everything you eat. The proteins from what you eat, will leak into your blood, and the immune system wil start to fight it. An allergic reaction towards eggs, should be an indicator for leaky gut, my doc (trained by KDM) told me
  19. S

How to calm down a very overstimulated and tired body..

The only yhing i've found that works, is my sleeping med. The active ingridient there, is Zopiclon. It is highly addictive, i've been told. So i only use it for emergencies :thumbs up:
  20. S

Food Allergy Testing: IgG4 blood test accuracy questions

Having a strong reaction on eggs in the tests, is a sign of leaky gut. Then you will also react on everything you eat, as the proteins of that will leak into your body. The imune system will then fight it, and it will show on the tests ;)
  21. S

Comment by 'Smygen' in 'I removed my blog post....'

I think that this addiction does not count for us. We don't have many options for things to do. Hunger for a life, is what i think, when i hear of ppl with me that spends hours and hours each day online. As you..... i would rather be out in my garden, working or have a "real" life, than live...
  22. S

Cold Hands and Feet

My feets have been cold for 20+ years. I went through the ice in the winter, and they did not get warm again.......sort of Can sit in a sauna and sweat all over, but on the middle of my legs (half way down from the knees) you can feel it going from hot to cold Really weird Funny thing is, that...