• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

Finally got a diagnosis for my CFS

@geraldt52 i am sorry you have been put through the ringer. But my approach is simple- i will try every method and every treatment i come across and i will have hope each and every day that i can and will get better. Because i am determined not to let the illness win. I will return to being a...
  2. P

A Little Venting...Problems with the cfs/chronic pain community

I need to vent my frustrations a little bit...why are some members of the CFS and chronic pain community defensive, abrasive, skeptical and downright ignorant? Why is it that everytime a fellow member of the community shares something that has helped them, he/she gets attacked, things are said...
  3. P

If you guys would like, i can edit my post to include my supplement protocol he has put me on and if you guys would like to know my labs? Definately keeping everyone posted, this is the first time i ever had a doctor acknowledge i was sick and said 'i can help you become well' instead of the...
  4. P

I went to go see a new doctor a few weeks ago. I told him i had cfs and he said i was wrong. He said cfs is usually not explained by anything. He says i have Post Viral Fatigue Syndrome which is different than cfs. He is starting me on antivirals and immune system boosters. Wow i am so happy...
  5. P

Don't know what to do about spinal pain

Use cbd cream and essential oils such as arnica, copiaba, peppermint, lavender- all good pain relievers for back pain. Just rub the essential oil on the problem areas
  6. P

Success story...

@Wolfcub it's very easy to make your own cbd cream. It's been a godsend for my back pain as well as random shoulder and neck stiffness, as well as essential oils. If you mix some cbd into a carrier oil tamanu oil, it can be helpful for things s such as burns, cuts, bruises, stretch marks, acne...
  7. P

Success story...

@Sita505 You mentioned you live in New Mexico? I bet it is hot out there! Dont fret about the product being solid if it is too difficult. It can be liquid and it will work all the same. I googled and it says 1/4 teaspoon is around 1 ml...idk if you can measure 1/4 teaspoon seems a bit hard. Do...
  8. P

Success story...

@Sita505 also even if it is melted, it works all the same . If you have a dropper laying around you can calibrate 1 ml into the dropper and it works all the same. Green mountain extracts their cbd using coconut oil. Coconut oil is solid at room temperature and melts above 75-76 degrees.
  9. P

Success story...

@Sita505 hello sita. It is liquid simply because it melted during shipping, no worries on that. Just throw it in the fridge and check on it every 20 minutes to see it resolidify. You do not want it too hard that you can scoop it out. The scooper should have come in the bubble wrap. Its hard to...
  10. P

Success story...

@Hip since cbd is non psychoactive I just don't understand how it would cause an inability to focus. Could be interactions with some other stuff your taking . Or it could be like some medications, where side effects begin at the start and diminish as time goes on. Best of luck to you though
  11. P

Success story...

@Hip it took about a week of continuous cbd use to feel a difference. 20mg in the morning and 20 at night . Never missed a dose. As far as the not feeling focused feeling, does yours have thc in it? Also it could be that your body is just getting used to the cbd, is try for a few days to see if...
  12. P

Success story...

@inester7 can you post links to those studies
  13. P

Success story...

@AlwaysTired I have found that for me, the saliva build up stops around a certain point. It puddles in my mouth but it's not an overflow to where it spills out of my mouth. Sorry if that's tmi lol. I keep my tongue hitting the roof of my mouth and let it gather under my tongue and breathe...
  14. P

Success story...

@AlwaysTired thank you for your input. I have tried green roads and it didn't work for me either...and hasn't worked for a couple people I know. That's why I think it a sham. I base my opinions on what works vs what doesn't work and that brand has failed many people, so that's why I have my...
  15. P

Success story...

@Pink I think green roads is a sham in my opinion. try a different company. they might "claim" to be pure but isn't that what everyone says who tries to sell their product?
  16. P

Success story...

@Mary Sorry I forgot to @ you, I have answered your question in my previous posts if you still want to know @Sushi I have not tried vaping it, as I do not care much for smoke, as my knowledge perceives it, there is higher bioavailability with cbd vape, but vaping leaves out crucial other...
  17. P

Success story...

@Pink I do not think it was greenmountain cbd you used. They just recently came out with their tincture only a few months ago. The only flavor they came out with was the chocolate mint. Unless your talking about the salve. @hmnr asg I looked on their website. I couldn't find any lab results...
  18. P

Success story...

Did you use the tincture or the salve? Because their tincture makes me sick too. It has chocolate and mint in it...yuck.
  19. P

Success story...

Also i take 20mg of cbd, once in the morni ng and once at night. However different people beed different dosages, titrate by 10mg until you get the dose your body needs.
  20. P

Success story...

The 'specific way' to take it, is picking the right brand, which I mentioned above, sublingual. not eating it, as bioavailability is only around 10% when taken orally. and held under the tongue, sublingual, for 10 minutes, as opposed to 60 seconds manufacturers reccomend.
  21. P

Success story...

Hello all! Thank you for the questions One thing I would like to point out is that I'm not cured. I still have cfs. I just live a much much better life then I did previously. I have been sick for 6 years. Second I use a specific brand. It's made in Vermont. It's called greenmountaincbd and it's...
  22. P

Success story...

Hello all! I have been following these blogs and these forms about chronic fatigue syndrome for months now... I am happy to report I have a success story. Yes I still have cfs. Yes I am not 100 'normal', I am not 'cured', so to speak, BUT I do live an entirely different life then I used to...