• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

Genetic variants (SNPs) Interpretation Guide

Thanks Alicec. I always appreciate opposing views on subjects, and will investigate further.
  2. R

@caledonia, Thanks for taking the time to respond. Your post was very useful, and I really appreciate it. I've bought the Dirty Genes audiobook, and started listening to it. Hopefully it helps!
  3. R

Hi guys. Hoping someone can help me interpreting my SNPs. I've tried to read up, but an a little confused and brain fog isn't helping! My results are as follows: Methylation profile: VDR bsm +/- VDR Taq +/- MAO-A R297R +/+ ACAT1-02 +/- MTHFR C677T +/- MTHFR 03 P39P +/- MTHFR A1298C +/- MTR...
  4. R

B-12 - The Hidden Story

I've added AdoCbl – L-carnitine, as well as SAMe. I feel like I have taken another step up, which is great. I'm not going to do as Freddd suggested and explore different brands of MeCbl so see how they work for me. I've run my 23andme results through Genetic Genie, and come up with the...
  5. R

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Wolfcub. Don't give up. I only came here recently, and stumbled across the Freddd protocol. I found it quite difficult to get my head around it...and honestly I still don't! I found two posts that help me get started...
  6. R

B-12 - The Hidden Story

@Freddd, does profuse sweating after light exertion (and occasionally heavy night sweats), indicate any particular deficiency? I've had these since before I started on your protocol, but just wondering if it might help narrow down some of the specific issues I have.
  7. R

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Ok, I understand what you are saying, but am a little confused by one thing. To achieve the best results, you have mentioned (if I understand you correctly, 1. changing brands, 2. experimenting with combinations 3. titration. Is there any way to know which of them to do at a given time, or is...
  8. R

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Thanks for taking the time to reply Freddd. I'm going to try and add in AdoCbl for a while, as well as gradually experimenting with l-carnitine and the other possible co factors. I'll report back in action few weeks and let everyone know how I'm going.
  9. R

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi all. I've suffered from CFS, Fibromyalgia and IBS for almost 15 years now. I've been to about a dozen consultants, and tried all kinds of treatment including SSRI, SNRI, graded Exercise programs. I'm currently taking 120mg of Cymbalta. It makes things marginally better, but not enough that...