• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Trillian

Davis speech from Millions Missing. Some new info on metabolic trap hypothesis

My working theory related to this... Biochemistry texts include information on how the many reactions take place at a specific temp, pH, and other gradients of substrates etc. When conditions change, reactions speed up, slow down or cease to occur. Each variation may effect other reactions or...
  2. Trillian

Brain fog and exercise research

I found this paper looking at brain metabolism after exercise that might help explain high fog after exertion.. Most interestingly, they look at a differences in brain metabolism related to effort that requires "will" to continue. Also looks at differences in moving upper body vs lower...
  3. Trillian

Make your own Vagus Nerve Stimulator

I just received the ear clips from amazon and will give my setup a try. After reading experiences above with clip strength, I will see if there is a way to suspend the clips so the stay on better... either from sunglasses or maybe earpiece from old computer headphones so clips don't need to...