• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. sammiejayne

Trouble booking appointment with Dr Chia from UK

Ah, I see. Well, it’s costing us about half that, luckily! Good ol’ Airbnb :D
  2. sammiejayne

I’m already going to LA later this year, and it only occurred to me after sorting it that I could see a doctor while I was there. But I didn’t just want to see him because he was closest, but because I was very interested in his research - I don’t know if I’m dealing with any enteroviruses as I...
  3. sammiejayne

Hi everyone, I’ve been trying to make my appointment with Dr Chia, but I’ve got a problem, and I’m hoping there might be others out there from the UK who have seen him that can help me out. I rang his office and was told that my GP would need to fax over a referral request with my diagnosis...
  4. sammiejayne

Dr John Chia - info needed

Thank you so, so much! :angel:
  5. sammiejayne

Yes, I know. It just felt like you were making a dig at me in your original comment, so I did it on purpose. Anyway, I only came here to find help. We all struggle on different levels, and I think that’s forgotten, sometimes. What’s easy to do for one person could be really difficult for...
  6. sammiejayne

I have indeed. But he works in healthcare, with very long shifts, longer than a 9-5, so he usually comes home and falls straight asleep as he can barely keep his eyes open, but like I said, we’ll figure something out :) I think a lot of things in general could stand to be more accessible...
  7. sammiejayne

Thank you! :) I did find it a bit strange that there was no website or email. Maybe it’s just not as normal to do that over there than it is here. I’ll try and find someone to call for me. My husband would do it, but he works in healthcare himself and is usually either working a long shift or...
  8. sammiejayne

As I said, it’s not really about the cost, but my anxiety, and after about 30 seconds my cognitive dysfunction kicks in and I can’t concentrate and start to drop off, which obviously isn’t good for an important phone call. One can’t afford to see him at the moment. One is fundraising.
  9. sammiejayne

Hi everyone, I’m going to be in Los Angeles in October, and I’d really like to try and get an appointment with Dr Chia while I’m there. I’m trying to find out if he sees patients from overseas (I’m in England), but I can’t find a website or email for him or the medical centre in general, which...